Post-Game Talk: #77 | FLYERS at Maple Leafs | Tuesday, Apr. 19, 2022 | 7:00 pm ET | TSN4, NBCSP

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
a3e99ae3cb03d2fa8add8bf9f07105a1.png

Can Price make things close ???

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
Watching the Flyers is like undergoing the ludoviko treatment from Clockwork Orange

“And viddy films, I would. Where I was taken to, brothers, was like no sinny I ever viddied before. I was bound up in a straitjacket and my gulliver was strapped to a headrest with like wires running away from it. Then they clamped like lidlocks on my eyes so that I could not shut them no matter how hard I tried. It seemed a bit crazy to me, but I let them get on with what they wanted to get on with. If I was to be a free young malchick again in a fortnight's time, I would put up with much in the meantime, O my brothers. So far, the first film was a very good, professional piece of sinny, like it was done in Hollywood. The sounds were real horrorshow. You could slooshy the screams and moans very realistic, and you could even get the heavy breathing and panting of the tolchocking malchicks at the same time. And then, what do you know, soon our dear old friend, the red, red vino on tap, the same in all places like it's put out by the same big firm, began to flow. It was beautiful. It's funny how the colours of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen. Now all the time I was watching this, I was beginning to get very aware of like not feeling all that well, and this I put down to all the rich food and vitamins, but I tried to forget this, concentrating on the next film which jumped right away on a young devotchka who was being given the old in-out, in-out first by one malchick, then another, then another...When it came to the sixth or seventh malchick, leering and smecking and then going into it, I began to feel really sick. But I could not shut my glazzies. And even if I tried to move my glazz-balls about, I still could not get out of the line of fire of this picture.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Can Price make things close ???

6 points with each team having 5 games left is a pretty decent gap. Montreal would have to get 7 out of those potential 10 point remaining points just to pass the Flyers current point total. Montreal would essentially need to win out while the Flyers would essentially need to lose out. It’s pretty unlikely both of those necessary things would align.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Bring everyone back
Or
Trade everyone and start a new team.

There can be no in between.
I’m all in favor of bringing every loser back. Yes….even yandle. Any minor upgrade to thompson and yandle means another mediocre pick. Bring back every useless veteran scrub and coach to tank for bedard

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
So I actually watched the whole game tonight, my droogs, and voluntarily at that.

Some thoughts. Yandle is the worst Dman since Shawn ‘The Barberian’ Cronin. Connauton gives him a run too.

Bobby Brink is going to be a very good player. Loved him hitting on the forecheck on top of all the other smart plays and great positioning. Reminds me of Oshie.

Ronnie Attard had a great shift and finished it off with a beauty snipe. He’s getting better on D too. Might need to start in the A, but he is a player.

Zamula is ready. Smart, skilled, rangy. Y and Z are on the team next year.

Cates is a middle 6 winger. Resourceful and polished.

Frost continues to show his talent. Tippett is like JVR- he can score if you pass it to him in the slot or if he’s tipping it, but I’m not convinced the rest of his game is there.

Sanheim is playing really good hockey.

Tonight they accomplished their mission: try, learn, but still lose. Well done.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
looked 5 minutes of the game. clicked through it. Saw Cevin skating in mud, saw Yandle falling on his ass, saw Zac fighting for a new contract. Saw Jvr doing JVR Scoring, saw the nice snipe from Atty.....

Typical Flyers unwatchable game!

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
6 points with each team having 5 games left is a pretty decent gap. Montreal would have to get 7 out of those potential 10 point remaining points just to pass the Flyers current point total. Montreal would essentially need to win out while the Flyers would essentially need to lose out. It’s pretty unlikely both of those necessary things would align.
They’ll miss by a point on the Flyers winning the last game of the season

edbr3ak

Jul 3, 2014
Cevin grabbing that leafs player by the collar instead of having to skate after him during the empty netter was some incredible veteran leadership

• Haha
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Does anyone ever read about this? Never heard about it!

Per @TSN_Sports Senior Hockey Reporter @frank_seravalli on #SnowTheGoalie with @AntSanPhilly and @JoyOnBroad, #Flyers center Kevin Hayes told another player he would only sign with the @NHLFlyers if they overpaid him.Seravalli: Kevin Hayes Told Another Player He'd Only Go to the Flyers if They Overpaid pic.twitter.com/kW3GpcoIoF
— Kyle Scott (@CrossingBroad) August 14, 2019

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Does anyone ever read about this? Never heard about it!
It's called free agency. Most free agents are overpaid. Which is why it's a bad way to build a team, unless you're bargain hunting.

Flyers really aren't this bad, problem is they've got so many kids playing they're running into young player syndrome - the inability to finish plays. So they've played even with a lot of teams for a period or two, get scoring chances, don't convert, fall behind by a couple goals and you can see the slump in body language as they know they don't have the firepower to get back into games.

first 60 games, 5x5 xGF 45.28%, GF/GA 2.24/2.67; PP xGF/60: 6.27; PK xGA/60: 7.77, Sv% 89.90
last 17 games, 5x5 xGF 45.06%, GF/GA 2.90/3.71; PP xGA/60: 6.47; PK xGA/60: 7.51, Sv% 87.39

Not much of a Giroux effect, they became more wide open, but that may just reflect a lot of young players in the lineup.

What this team needs is a new HC, a reset, and a chance to put this season behind them.
And hopefully they'll have a season where half the team isn't on IR.

You can see that they're adding a lot of young talent, York, Zamula, Attard, Brink, Cates, Tippett. Allison and Laczynski will be up next year. That's almost half the roster. If the PTB realizes an aggressive reload is the road to nowhere, they have something to build on.

Nice to see JVR with a scoring heater when it counts, to set him up for a summer trade.

3mFlyers

Nov 24, 2021
We will see what ownership is made of. None of the coaches can come back. There is absolutely no reason for Yandle, Conartist, Thompson Macewan or Jones to be back. If they can trade JVR and Hayes, do it. I really liked Prov but they may have to move him too if they can get a good deal. The compete level for these veterans is discraceful.

Reactions: Petr Svoboda Mullet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad