142760915175236_zpsvgwxnayh.jpg

142759645388863%201_zps30bs5mlr.jpg

142759645388863%201_zpsz8qylhi6.png

142759645388863_zpsjlxmgkry.png

142759645388863%201_zpsdds7mqlz.gif

Last edited:

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Didn't realize Sid was that close to his 300th goal. Maybe it's a good thing that goal against the Blues didn't count, that goal he scored against the Coyotes would be a pretty lame milestone goal :laugh:

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
With all the time he's missed, it's funny Sid is only 40 pts behind ovechkin for their careers.

Sid 847 in 620 games. Ovi 887 in 753 games

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
I hope we don't lose. Also, good luck to Sid to get his 300th goal tonight, though it would be sweeter if it came against the Flyers on Wednesday.

So Crosby has 40 less points in 153 less games played.

It's 133 less games played.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
With all the time he's missed, it's funny Sid is only 40 pts behind ovechkin for their careers.

Sid 847 in 620 games. Ovi 887 in 753 games

People always miss out the games played when pimping Ovi.

I remember looking somewhere and if Crosby gets the next 53 points in 37 games he'll be I think the 3rd fastest to 900.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
So a couple questions:

Is Comeau getting suspended? I didn't think it was worthy of one.

And...are we allowed/going to be bringing up a D to run 6 D tonight or are we screwed there?

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
What was the rule about emergency callups again? That you need to have played the last game at least one man short?

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I think as far as callups go the Pens just need to put someone on LTIR and finally give themselves some cap relief.

Steve Durbano

Mar 27, 2011
Burbs of Bmore
I realized the depths of how spoiled our fan base is when I read the following comment on the Arizona post game thread...

If we don't get McEichel I'm comfortable with a
Reider - Arcobello - Boedker
1st line.

:nod:

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
I realized the depths of how spoiled our fan base is when I read the following comment on the Arizona post game thread...

If we don't get McEichel I'm comfortable with a
Reider - Arcobello - Boedker
1st line.

:nod:

To be fair, Arcobello has been pretty good for them. But still. Ouch haha.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Aww I was supposed to do the GDT.

Darn. Sorry.

I didn't check the last page and just saw it was open in the GDT OP.

Put yours up and this one can be merged/closed.

Many apologies.

The 4th/5th/7th of April are still open if any want one. If not, I'm just filling them in.

Last edited:

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
San Jose Sharks @ Pittsburgh Penguins - Win this for Letang!

GDT-lineup_zpsunpeamki.gif

:sharks
142760915175236_zps846sywoz.gif
:pens

Game-day lines (possible)

Pittsburgh Penguins:

Perron - Crosby - Hornqvist
Kunitz- Malkin - Comeau
Winnik - Sutter - Downie
Spaling - Lapierre - Bennett

??? - Martin
Pouliot - Lovejoy
Cole - Scuderi

Fleury

San Jose Sharks:

Pavelski - Thornton - Karlsson
Nieto - Couture - Wingels
Marleau - Tierney - Hertl
Tarasov - Smith - Goodrow

Vlasic - Braun
Irwin - Burns
Dillion - Hannan

Niemi

The San Jose Sharks defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins at SAP Center for a 10th straight time with a 2-1 shootout victory on March 9. Sharks forward Tommy Wingels secured the win with a goal in the eighth round. San Jose goalie Antti Niemi made 39 saves and denied seven of eight in the shootout.

Pittsburgh will be without defenseman Kris Letang, who was taken to the hospital during a 3-2 win against the Arizona Coyotes on Saturday. Letang was hit by Coyotes forward Shane Doan and fell backward, which resulted in his head snapping backward and seemingly hitting the boards. The Penguins hope to know more about Letang's condition on Sunday morning. "It doesn't matter who you play for or what you're watching, you never want to see something like that," defenseman Rob Scuderi said. "It was a direct blow into the boards, so we're hoping he turns out fine. It's a lot of minutes. (Letang) is a part of everything we do. Even strength, penalty kill, power play. So you're not going to fill it with one guy because he's a unique player, but you have to fill it as a collective." The Penguins are likely to be without defenseman Christian Ehrhoff because of an upper-body injury. With the win Saturday, the Penguins moved past the New York Islanders into second place in the Metropolitan Division. Pittsburgh has a game in hand.

Last edited:

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

Do they usually livestream the media availability? That doesn't bode well for Letang's status.

They've done it before, but I had the same thought. I remember them livestreaming MJ's post-game following the Boston game that Sid didn't play and Geno got hurt in. Seems like they do it when they know people are anxious to hear what's going on.

But like I said, I had the same thought about it not being a good sign. Hopefully JR and Vyas don't show up.

Edit: Johnston said he's concussed and they'll see how he is over the next few days. We're playing with 5 dmen tonight. Apparently Winnik can play defense. And apparently Perron isn't playing tonight.

We are so ****ed :laugh:

Last edited:

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
If NHL numbers is correct, the Pens have space to bring up a defender (~690,000). It also means that the Roster Emergency Exception (Article 50.10 (e)) can't be used to as the Pens would need to have less than 650,000 in space for it to apply.

However, I can't figure out why the Pens wouldn't bring up another defender if they could.

If the Pens have less than 650,000 in cap space then on Wednesday they should be able to recall a player making under 650,000 (Harrington) without affecting the cap for the duration of Ehrhoff's or Letang's injuries.

EDIT:

It sounds like NHL numbers is wrong, and the Pens don't have the cap space to bring up a defender.

and

Last edited:

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Letang is always taking big hits, and always getting injured.

Its impossible to evaluate this team since the west coast trip, so many injuries, there playing with less then 20 skaters every game.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Thing is, Letang didn't take a "big hit" last night. He got shoved, stumbled and crack the back of his head into the boards with the momentum of his body weight.

It's not like he got crushed and his head smacked the glass. It was an unfortunate play, on a pretty benign push from the front.

Either way, sit him for the rest of the season at least. See how he's feeling heading into the playoffs, but unless he's absolutely pristine, sit him until training camp.

Concussions, especially for someone with a history, are unpredictable. His bad symptoms might not show up until a week from now.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Letang always puts himself in positions that this stuff happens to him.

You can't tell how bad a players concussion is by looking at the play, some hits to the head don't look bad at all and they end up knocking a player out for months.

Some hits to the head look bad and the player comes back in days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna