76 Man Russian Roster Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Slitty said:
Awww! Id want Zinoviev over Zhamnov... or at least as the 13th forward. Yet... he is rather slow. Mozyakin is another that is pretty good, but vastly undervalued from that roster. You dont lead the RSL in scoring for no reason!

Read his post again. the only candidates from the Karjala cup. That doesn't include Zinovjev, Mozyakin, Grigorenko, Malkin... Only Zvyagin, Sokolov, Semin and Morozov from Karjala have a shot.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
TORRUS said:
Read his post again. the only candidates from the Karjala cup. That doesn't include Zinovjev, Mozyakin, Grigorenko, Malkin... Only Zvyagin, Sokolov, Semin and Morozov from Karjala have a shot.

Dude... I talked about Zinovjev and Mozyakin... who both played in the Karjala Cup. What are you talking about? :dunno:

Victory Ali*

Forgive me for asking this but isn't Nabokov from Kazakhstan? Why is he playing for Russia? Has he ever played for Russia before? I'm curious. Has NHL 2004 ruined me? ;)

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
SeattleCloutierFan said:
Forgive me for asking this but isn't Nabokov from Kazakhstan? Why is he playing for Russia? Has he ever played for Russia before? I'm curious. Has NHL 2004 ruined me? ;)

Yeah, I'm always confused about this too. I keep hearing that he can only play for Russia in non-IIHF tourny's (World Cup), but that doesn't seem to be the case...

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Slitty said:
He played for Kazahstan in 1 Junior tournament, he is ethnically Russian.

He took his specific case to the IIHF and was allowed to switch countries as him playing for Kazahstan was a result of him being the victim of breaking up nations and political as well as nationalistic confusion.

Then again, maybe he obtained Russian citizenship and played 4 proffessional seasons in Russia, as required by some (past or present, not sure) IIHF rules to play for a different country.

I cant remember which one it was, or maybe a combination of both... but Nabokov is fully eligible to play for Russia at all IIHF sanctioned events. :handclap:

From the goalie thread in this subforum. :rant:

Belamor

Jan 5, 2005
My winning Russian team:

Golies:
Nikolai Khabibulin
Evgeny Nabokov
Ily Brizgalov

Defence:
Andrei Markov-Zubov
Grebeshkov-Kalinin
Gonchar-Danila Markov
extra:
Anton Volchenkov
Alexander Ryazantsev
Fedor Tyutin
Alexei Zhitnik

Forwards

Samsonov -Datsyuk - Kovalev
Ovechkin- Malkin -Kovalchuk
Frolov -Yashin - Morozov
Sushinsky -Kaigorodov- Brylin
extra:
Semin,Viktor Kozlov,Zinoviev
Alexander Kharitonov,
Grigorenko

Belamor

Jan 5, 2005
SeattleCloutierFan said:

Nabakov has both both citizenships Russian and Kazah, and he dicided to play for Russia, plus he is Russian in nationality, he was just born in Kazahstan

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Slitty said:
Dude... I talked about Zinovjev and Mozyakin... who both played in the Karjala Cup. What are you talking about? :dunno:

Well, since Zinovjev wasn't part of that team, your ''awww, I wanted Zinovjev on the team'' didn't make sense... I assume you didn't know that so I'll use the opportunity to inform you.

About Mozyakin, you're right. You can feel sorry that he wasn't mentioned to have a chance.

I agree about Zinovjev. I'd like to see him there. I would take him, Malkin and Sushinsky and a 3rd goalie from the RSL.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
I think I would prefer Morozov over Khartinov.

Semin, Grigorenko, Korolyuk also have outside shots of making it, Semin having an advantage over the rest at that.

NHLers who I dont want to see but might make it: Maxim Afinogenov, Alexei Zhamnov, Sergei Zubov, Darius Kaspiritus, Nikoli Zherdev (practically no chance), Alexander Mogilny, Ilya Bryzgalov (better goalies in the RSL - dosent stand much of a chance unless Giggy dosent come back till January).

I am a little iffy on Federov, Gonchar, and Kovalev at the moment. The first two have to step up soon, and the latter has to recover quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad