76 Games in.....

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

What will you give us if they get violated, beaten, embarrassed in the first round again?

I know I might seem like a little 12 years old fan boy (which I'm not) on this website cause I'm overly positive and enthousiast, but for the first time since the past 5 years I really like this team/management, and I truly enjoy watching this group of guys every game... which is great considering how I thought we weren't a good team at the start of the year, but MB made his possible to improve it.

And I don't know man, there's something special about the 2014 Montreal Canadiens... I have big expectations but somehow I don't feel like it's too much. I'm starting to think that most of us don't even realise how good we actually are.

But this is only speculations, there isn't really much to whine about so I'm saying what I like.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Athletique_Canadien

Dec 13, 2005
Halifax, NS
No complaints whatsoever. The man did the best with what he had & look where we are now :handclap:
1601457_10152284959777177_288968764_n_zpse29ef003.jpg

PricePkPatch*

I know I might seem like a little 12 years old fan boy (which I'm not) on this website cause I'm overly positive and enthousiast, but for the first time since the past 5 years I really like this team/management, and I truly enjoy watching this group of guys every game... which is great considering how I thought we weren't a good team at the start of the year, but MB made his possible to improve it.

And I don't know man, there's something special about the 2014 Montreal Canadiens... I have big expectations but somehow I don't feel like it's too much. I'm starting to think that most of us don't even realise how good we actually are.

But this is only speculations, there isn't really much to whine about so I'm saying what I like.

Don't listen to Habs. He cannot say a single positive thing and can only spew **** on our team.

Ursus the White

Formerly Hogfather
Mar 27, 2014
Alberta
Playoffs are always a different kettle of fish. Mistakes are made (Oilers vs Flames in '86....glorious to see Edmonton lose that and the Habs go onto win the Cup. It was a very good year...) and injuries hang like a spectre dangling his scythe (last year vs Ottawa :( )

Get through to the playoffs with minimal damage, then cry havoc!

Waiting for GDT thread for tomorrow....got something special lined up luck charm-wise.;)

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
Except San Jose made us look like we should be in AHL twice :laugh:

Watching those two games and the two L.A. games. Men against boys. Vanek and to a lesser extent Weaver have brought about a new look to the team though. I think we have a shot to come out of the East as slim as it may be.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We need to get someone to cast a horoscope using Habs birth date.
See how it compares to 93,
Strange things can happen.
i honestly don't think Chicago gets out of the west this year.
They are looking a little banged up as we discuss.

HockeyF3ind

Jun 19, 2007
New York
It is really quite amazing if you think about it. Also we have the 3rd best streak in the NHL going now, just behind LA and Toronto. :D

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Guess who got there ass whooped by the Sharks and Kings 2 times?

We just can't compare ouselves to Chicago. They play against much better teams and we only have 1 more win.

I'll admit, I'm glad Therrien is proving me wrong, but our record doesn't tell the whole story about this team.

For those with a tendency to see only the negative in hockey, the Habs provide much material.

Most games, they have given up goals against, and most of the time they have come after some serious miscues by either a player or the goalie.

Furthermore, besides the goals allowed, we regularly give up even more scoring opportunities. It's a DANG GOOD THING that the opponents don't capitalize on all their chances, or our record would certainly be worse than it already is!!

When you add up the scoring chances given up, the offsides arising from poor coordination, and the countless icings effected by our passers, we see an entire season chock-filled with ineptness.

Even the goals awarded to our team are rather tainted. Most of them result from either defensive blunders, lucky deflections or instances when the opposing goaltender did not have a clear view of the shot. Approximately 95% of our shot attempts do not result in a goal, and that is simply disgusting. On a handful of occasions, we were even accorded a goal when the opposition coach clearly felt that the referees did so unfairly. Scandalous!!!

I think we should fire Therrien and bring back Cunneyworth. At least with him in charge, we could count on a good draft pick.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Watching those two games and the two L.A. games. Men against boys. Vanek and to a lesser extent Weaver have brought about a new look to the team though. I think we have a shot to come out of the East as slim as it may be.

Same, I think we match up well in east, but out of contending teams in west if we made finals the only team I think we have a shot against is defending cup champs lol a very slim shot.. All the other teams are just too big for us. Anaheim LA SJ

As for Quenneville comments berg would prefer him too I'd say. There was rumours he attempted to get him out of Chicago when he was hired but obviously a no go. I wouldn't be surprised to see MT extended to 2016-17 when Joel's next contract expires

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
It's been a fantastic season up to date. i just really hope this was a transition period for our D pairing. If Tinordi and Beaulieu are not on the starting 6 next october we have a heck of a problem.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

A lot of things have gone right for this team, including a lack of injuries to key players. We match well against Tampa, I could see this team beating them in a series.

However, I see this blueline being exposed..yet again, because MB hasn't really addressed the issues.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
A lot of things have gone right for this team, including a lack of injuries to key players. We match well against Tampa, I could see this team beating them in a series.

However, I see this blueline being exposed..yet again, because MB hasn't really addressed the issues.

Adress what? He got Weaver who's done a good job and we have Gorges joining the team soon to replace Bouillon.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
For those with a tendency to see only the negative in hockey, the Habs provide much material.

Most games, they have given up goals against, and most of the time they have come after some serious miscues by either a player or the goalie.

Furthermore, besides the goals allowed, we regularly give up even more scoring opportunities. It's a DANG GOOD THING that the opponents don't capitalize on all their chances, or our record would certainly be worse than it already is!!

When you add up the scoring chances given up, the offsides arising from poor coordination, and the countless icings effected by our passers, we see an entire season chock-filled with ineptness.

Even the goals awarded to our team are rather tainted. Most of them result from either defensive blunders, lucky deflections or instances when the opposing goaltender did not have a clear view of the shot. Approximately 95% of our shot attempts do not result in a goal, and that is simply disgusting. On a handful of occasions, we were even accorded a goal when the opposition coach clearly felt that the referees did so unfairly. Scandalous!!!

I think we should fire Therrien and bring back Cunneyworth. At least with him in charge, we could count on a good draft pick.

:laugh: Love it!

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Adress what? He got Weaver who's done a good job and we have Gorges joining the team soon to replace Bouillon.

This blueline is still too small/soft to make it deep in the playoffs. I thought Tinordi would have a full time job by now... he doesn't.

Weaver has been fine, I don't see him making it through a physical series. Gorges....blah

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006
Same, I think we match up well in east, but out of contending teams in west if we made finals the only team I think we have a shot against is defending cup champs lol a very slim shot.. All the other teams are just too big for us. Anaheim LA SJ

As for Quenneville comments berg would prefer him too I'd say. There was rumours he attempted to get him out of Chicago when he was hired but obviously a no go. I wouldn't be surprised to see MT extended to 2016-17 when Joel's next contract expires

The good thing is it's gonna be an absolute battle to come out on top in the West. I hope by the time the finals come around whoever it is over there is too banged up to contend and the East cruises to victory! All joking aside I could actually see this playing out.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
The good thing is it's gonna be an absolute battle to come out on top in the West. I hope by the time the finals come around whoever it is over there is too banged up to contend and the East cruises to victory! All joking aside I could actually see this playing out.

I forgot St. Louis too :laugh:

But you're right about that, remember St. Louis LA, that series was extremely rough for both teams last year

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal

The players on our blueline are nothing to be excited about when you look at them individually. 2 of Murray, Bouillon, Weaver and Tinordi play every night. These guys are 6/7/8 Dmen in the NHL in my opinion. If we have one injury in our top 4 (which is the case now), that results in half our D-Core made up of borderline players. It will be very difficult to perform in the playoffs with a weak backend.

However, the D-core as a whole seems to work very well with the system/coaching that the team has now which is why we are pretty low in goals against. However, this also limits the offense that can be generated from the backend which can be essential come crunch time.

I've never been a fan of the collective group we have back there but it's difficult to argue with because they have gotten the job done for the most part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad