Post-Game Talk: #76 | FLYERS at Penguins | Sun., Mar. 25, 2018

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
mrazek is awful, is there any chance Elliot is back for reg season ?

This goaltending mess is on Hexy, spending 5 mill total on your tandem you went dumpster diving for was his decision, especially when one has proven he's as fragile as they come.

Simmer is done, today proved that, he cant play 5 on 5 unless he is with elite players that carry him. After thenLooch deal, GM s won't make the same mistake with him and the return isn't going to be anywhere near what we think. Hexy missed his chance

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018
He turned 90 degrees. Don’t ****ing go the other 270.

He was expecting a quick shot from Crosby. Patrick needs to be much more physical netfront there also.

It was interference anyways, and you should be complaining about the fact that we didn’t even touch the puck in overtime, got completely dominated.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Why are you guys dumping on Mrazek? He spun around because he got hit by Rust
Didn't see his blocker get caught in Rust's stick. That being said where's the GI call... same place as Doumilin tackle on Voracek. Unbelievable how the refs don't call that penalty its god damn criminal. Player loses positioning and literally drags down Voracek who then loses the puck on a 3 on 3.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
I know there’s going to be a lot of dramatic and lazy posts, complaining about the team, and acting like effort was an issue, but it’s pretty obvious that wasn’t a problem.

The real problem lately is goaltending. The team is flawed, but they’re playing well enough to be winning games if the goalies weren’t letting in disgustingly weak goals. This is to be expected when we’re playing our 3rd and 4th goalies, but yeah, it’s still frustrating.

Unless you can point to a player who you honestly beelive isn’t trying, don’t start with that “poor effort” bull****.
They played very well today. They just couldn't come up with timely saves. The goalies weren't terrible, but didn't give them the final push over the hump either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Striiker

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Oh god, truly the end of days...
Well, to be fair, I made the same goaltending point two hours ago and you lampooned it. :huh:

#HivemindersGonnaHivemind

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
He was expecting a quick shot from Crosby. Patrick needs to be much more physical netfront there also.

It was interference anyways, and you should be complaining about the fact that we didn’t even touch the puck in overtime, got completely dominated.
He went the LONG way back. Return the 90 degrees.

I’m also pissed off at that laughable goal he gave up against Crosby. Hilariously overplayed.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
A goalie that keeps good positioning does. Quite easily, actually. I feel confident saying this since I've played the position at a high level.

A goalie that doesn’t get interfered with can keep position a lot easier... and even if he wasn’t interfered with that would have been a ridiculously difficult save. It was a crease ice tip in.

Not that it’s relevant but I’ve played this game since I was 3 and at a pretty high level myself since we’re checking credentials.

Reactions: JXC

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

This goaltending mess is on Hexy, spending 5 mill total on your tandem you went dumpster diving for was his decision, especially when one has proven he's as fragile as they come.

Simmer is done, today proved that, he cant play 5 on 5 unless he is with elite players that carry him. After thenLooch deal, GM s won't make the same mistake with him and the return isn't going to be anywhere near what we think. Hexy missed his chance
:laugh: Oh please.

It’s his fault Elliott got hurt? And also his fault that the goalie 90% of you wanted him to trade for is trash?

Reactions: The Rage Kage

nevermore

Cap space since 2005
Oct 25, 2007
Rewatching the OT goal Mrazek did a 360 because he wanted to cover the short side for Crosby's shot. He had no momentum going the other way so he wouldn't have gotten back there in time had Sid actually gone with the shot on net. Don't really blame him for it.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
giphy.gif

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC

All the top forwards looked like shit today. Terrible effort against a once rival. They laugh at us now. Watched the devil's pens game and it was so much more intense.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
there was never gonna be a call on the Pens in OT ..for anything short of murder and maybe not that even
I need to record the replay because I think TK got crosschecked on his OT shift too; he was hurting later in that shift and I think it was that jerkoff Letang

Reactions: trostol

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
What the hell happened to Mrazek after that breakout season?
We all were hoping for more. We need the good Neuvirth back (our best goalie!) not the glass version or the not focused one. If we can get the Neuvirth from the playoffs a couple years back this team could do some damage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad