GDT: #76 ⋅ ANA @ CGY ⋅ 6:00 PM PDT

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Where are you guys all seeing Carlsson got 2 fluke assists? Did I miss one they just haven’t put on the scoresheet yet?

I guess Carlsson didn't get the 2nd assist on Killorn's 2nd goal. It's the LaCombe point shot that bounced off of someone in front of the net and onto Killorn's stick for the goal. Terry gets the 2nd assist.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Couple of thoughts on Zellweger:
1. Reminds me of Vatanen
2. He is light years better than Drysdale in the neural and offensive zones. Defense will come hopefully.
Agreed. I was a Drysdale fan but it’s night and day when you compare their offense. Offense doesn’t come naturally for Jamie whereas for Zell it’s instinctual.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
Add minty and our team would be healthy for once and thats how our team would look

Hope we get the no. 1, get celebrini and cutter next year and maybe finally we make some noise

Agreed. I was a Drysdale fan but it’s night and day when you compare their offense. Offense doesn’t come naturally for Jamie whereas for Zell it’s instinctual.
Different uses. One is for the power play and one is for a pk

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
One last win before the tsunami washes us all away

(The reports are there is no threat of the tsunami reaching California at this time - hope those in Taiwan and Japan are safe)
Tsunami would have a a hard time getting past Catalina island if your in the OC AREA

Zell sounds like a combination of Terry and Drysdale lol

Females. Are jealous of zellwegers lips lol

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I am legitimately pleased after a Ducks hockey game! How nice!

I actually thought Carlsson played pretty well. He had a couple of bad turnovers in the defensive zone, but I thought he played a good game otherwise. He makes 5 great moves with the puck and then just can't quite complete the play. And his passes are amazing, but he's not getting much help from his teammates finishing.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Still on vacation, glad I woke up for this game (though 6:30 isn't THAT early). Zellweger looked great out there, team looked good for the most part too.

Sniperberg

Mar 30, 2017
That was a good game. The optimist in me tells me that this is the point where things starts turning around.

Maybe.

Reactions: lwvs84

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Slightly OT and irrelevant but just noticed how barren the Flames GDT was. I would have assumed they have a much larger and more vocal fanbase around here like most the Canadian clubs, maybe that's not the case?

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
It's games like this that give me hope for Cronin.
I think your hope for Cronin is the same as Cronin's hope for Cronin, which is that Zegras, Carlsson, Zellweger, and to a lesser extent the rest of the young guys can actually play healthy games. It's night and day having a healthy Z out there for zone entries and just completing passes generally.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
I think your hope for Cronin is the same as Cronin's hope for Cronin, which is that Zegras, Carlsson, Zellweger, and to a lesser extent the rest of the young guys can actually play healthy games. It's night and day having a healthy Z out there for zone entries and just completing passes generally.

I think a lot of issues with Cronin cannot be evaluated until he has a healthy and complete roster. Having injured players all season who cannot develop chemistry is tough. Nothing will impact next season more than everyone getting healthy.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary

Slightly OT and irrelevant but just noticed how barren the Flames GDT was. I would have assumed they have a much larger and more vocal fanbase around here like most the Canadian clubs, maybe that's not the case?
A couple of my coworkers did tell me that there's a forum called Calgary Puck and it's probably more popular for them than this site. i think that is what is driving that lack of activity on HF in large part.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
A couple of my coworkers did tell me that there's a forum called Calgary Puck and it's probably more popular for them than this site. i think that is what is driving that lack of activity on HF in large part.
Do not go to Calgary puck, do not mention Calgary puck. Never speak of this again.

• Love
Reactions: Mr Rogers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad