Prospect Info: 75th overall pick - Vinzenz Rohrer

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
What kind of player can Rohrer become in the NHL if he hits his potential?

I haven't paid attention to him at all.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Rohrer playing under 10 minutes is concerning for his development. You need to touch the puck at such a young age… wouf…

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Rohrer playing under 10 minutes is concerning for his development. You need to touch the puck at such a young age… wouf…

So far in this young season, playing less than 10 minutes is an outlier. He's been playing between 12-14 minutes a game before yesterday. He's been in their Top-6 almost every game.

We'll see if it's a one-game thing or if it will become his usual TOI.

There is also the possibility he just didn't finish the game because maybe he got hurt.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
So far in this young season, playing less than 10 minutes is an outlier. He's been playing between 12-14 minutes a game before yesterday. He's been in their Top-6 almost every game.

There is also the possibility he just didn't finish the game because maybe he got hurt.
Context matters :laugh: thank Adam.

I’ll keep an eye on it for sure, I wasn’t sure what to think about the move initially, hoping he didn’t bite off more than he could chew by going pro right away.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

he's in a league that isn't known for having many U-20 players.

Reactions: Gustave

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019

Let us also not forget these leagues are not development leagues. They want to win every game, so if a young guy is having a rough night they don t hesitate to bench him and to play him top 6 again next game as if nothing happened.

I know many NA fans regard those leagues with disdain but they are pro leagues nonetheless and are not that much more weak than the AHL. Look at Seider or Kulich production when they jumped from their national leagues to AHL, they actually got a better PPG in the AHL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
a nice start to the season with 3 points, since he's not playing a ton. I wonder what the plan is for him, if he will be loaned for the WJC's. Might not be worth it since they got regulated to Div 1A (Denmark, France, Japan, Hungary, Kazakhstan) It's being held in Budapest on 12-10/12-16.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Basu Godin notebook

Arpon visited with Rohrer, his coach (Marc Crawford) and his strength and conditioning coach in Zurich.

Rohrer has been super dedicated in the gym and the org is marveled at his determination and he's made massive strides in getting thicker and stronger.

Marc Crawford thinks after his two year contract in Zurich is up that he'll spend one year in Laval and then likely make the NHL.

He likens his game, a blend of grit and skill to David Perron. He's very impressed with the kid.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
Basu Godin notebook

Arpon visited with Rohrer, his coach (Marc Crawford) and his strength and conditioning coach in Zurich.

Rohrer has been super dedicated in the gym and the org is marveled at his determination and he's made massive strides in getting thicker and stronger.

Marc Crawford thinks after his two year contract in Zurich is up that he'll spend one year in Laval and then likely make the NHL.

He likens his game, a blend of grit and skill to David Perron. He's very impressed with the kid.
Biggest surprise for me reading this is that Marc Crawford is still coaching! LOL. I'm a former-Vancouverite and know him well from his Canuck days. Glad to see Rohrer is making strides. He's like the forgotten draft pick it seems.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Biggest surprise for me reading this is that Marc Crawford is still coaching! LOL. I'm a former-Vancouverite and know him well from his Canuck days. Glad to see Rohrer is making strides. He's like the forgotten draft pick it seems.
That's because he moved back to Europe in a league few people follow and wasn't a "controversial" 1st round choice. :laugh:

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Remember that Rohrer is like Jayden Struble, born in September just before the cutoff date to go in the next year draft. So he is a very young 19 years old. He is just six weeks older than Reinbacher. Important. Roy is a similar case.

Last edited:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Why? This gives him more opportunity to develop physically. He's in state of the art facilities. He's playing with a coach who has a development plan for him and it gives the Habs an extra year of development before they have to make a contract decision on signing him.
I think it was two extra years, his rights ends in 2026 according to CapFriendly.

And it was a genius move, since he was so young and needed more development time since he started to play hockey so later (around 14 if I remember correctly, he was a competitive tennis player before that).

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think it was two extra years, his rights ends in 2026 according to CapFriendly.

And it was a genius move, since he was so young and needed more development time since he started to play hockey so later (around 14 if I remember correctly, he was a competitive tennis player before that).

Yeah it's actually an excellent move for him.

My only guess for anyone who thinks its bad is they just wanna hockeydb scout and he'd get more points in the OHL.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I got to see him a fair bit when he was with the 67's and l've always been very high on his pro potential. Lehkonen is actually who he's always reminded me of, but I guess Perron isn't a bad style comparison either. The ''play anywhere in the top 9 swiss knife'' type is what he is to me, he plays a way heavier game than you'd expect just looking at him, a la Lehkonen.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I got to see him a fair bit when he was with the 67's and l've always been very high on his pro potential. Lehkonen is actually who he's always reminded me of, but I guess Perron isn't a bad style comparison either. The ''play anywhere in the top 9 swiss knife'' type is what he is to me, he plays a way heavier game than you'd expect just looking at him, a la Lehkonen.

They were surprised by how much muscle he packed onto his frame. That will help him immensely cause he does have that dogged Lehkonen/Gallagher mentality

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
Kid is playing in the best team in Swiss league with tough competition for the roster spot and is progressing really good. If there is a big progress next season, he'll surely get his chance with Habs.

Reactions: Hinterland

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Kid is playing in the best team in Swiss league with tough competition for the roster spot and is progressing really good. If there is a big progress next season, he'll surely get his chance with Habs.

He's playing National League, not Swiss League which would be the 2nd tier league. He's doing very well indeed though. Scoring quite a bit despite not getting much PP time. Scored 9 of 11 points at even strength. Listed as 13th forward most nights but his ice time doesn't really reflect that. Playing almost 12mins per game at even strength which is good for 7th among forwards of his team and is quite impressive for a forward of his age playing on a, as you said, very deep team with almost unlimited money to spend in a league that is the exact opposite of a development league.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00