Prospect Info: 75th overall pick - Vinzenz Rohrer

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
He's playing National League, not Swiss League which would be the 2nd tier league. He's doing very well indeed though. Scoring quite a bit despite not getting much PP time. Scored 9 of 11 points at even strength. Listed as 13th forward most nights but his ice time doesn't really reflect that. Playing almost 12mins per game at even strength which is good for 7th among forwards of his team and is quite impressive for a forward of his age playing on a, as you said, very deep team with almost unlimited money to spend in a league that is the exact opposite of a development league.

It's a tough league to get points, especially for young players., so I agree he's doing well.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
It's a tough league to get points, especially for young players., so I agree he's doing well.
The ZSC Lions do have their own farm team (GCK Lions) in the SL, the 2nd tier league which is still higher level than the OHL. However, Rohrer so far hasn't played a single for the SL team. Tells you everything you need to know. Some SL games would be a pretty good fallback option for a prospect lacking confidence or playing time but Rohrer didn't need any of it.

Reactions: bopeep and FrankMTL

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Yeah, of course I meant the top tier league. He plays in a top team chasing the championship win and being a 7th forward there in his first pro season it's a nice feat

Yeah, and he's actually pretty close from top6 ice time, is playing inside the top6 quite a bit despite what the lineup cards say. Rohrer is playing an average of 11:55 at even strength, Derek Grant at nr.6 is averaging 12:19. Of course that's because Grant is playing special teams as well. Still I think it shows that Rohrer's coaches are pretty high on him.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad