Post-Game Talk: #75 | Sabres at Flyers | April 1, 2023

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
What????

That legion of posters were proven right. It took Frost getting 2C usage that he only got thanks to injury to reach that mark. You expected him to hit that point with 3C usage, which would not have happened.
Morgan Frost is 93rd among NHL centers in avg ice time per game.

He has averaged 16:12 vs Noah Cates’ 17:45.

Scott Laughton leads the team in faceoffs with 1002. Laughton has averaged 18:27 per game.

Frost is 3rd on the team in faceoffs taken.

So stop with the BS that Frost has received way more ice time than expected before the season. Hell, half this board bitched for half the season that he wasn’t playing high enough in the lineup.

I was right. 40 points was a reasonable floor expectation for Frost. Everyone who shrieked like it was some kind of impossible mission setting him up to fail was wrong.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
It means he met the reasonable floor of expectations that I set for him.

And it makes a mockery of the legion of posters who shrieked that 40 points was an outlandish request made to set him up for failure.
hysterical-laughter.gif

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
It means he met the reasonable floor of expectations that I set for him.

And it makes a mockery of the legion of posters who shrieked that 40 points was an outlandish request made to set him up for failure.
So, Frost had a successful season, yea or nay?

Also, as always, you miss the point. 40 points was an arbitrary number you arbitrarily pulled out of your arbitrary ass. It was meaningless and intentionally exclusive of any context. In reality, the only thing that mattered was whether or not Frost grew as a player, whether he ended up with 50 points, or 40, or 39, or 30. It just so happens he broke 40 and now has more points than the guy you already have penciled in as a star, but really that isn't what matters. What matters is that he was finally given a chance to contribute and he's run with it, but that almost didn't happen. Not because he didn't want it badly enough, but because this team's entire organizational philosophy is diseased and wrongheaded.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
So, Frost had a successful season, yea or nay?

Also, as always, you miss the point. 40 points was an arbitrary number you arbitrarily pulled out of your arbitrary ass. It was meaningless and intentionally exclusive of any context. In reality, the only thing that mattered was whether or not Frost grew as a player, whether he ended up with 50 points, or 40, or 39, or 30. It just so happens he broke 40 and now has more points than the guy you already have penciled in as a star, but really that isn't what matters. What matters is that he was finally given a chance to contribute and he's run with it, but that almost didn't happen. Not because he didn't want it badly enough, but because this team's entire organizational philosophy is diseased and wrongheaded.

The Flyers lost the Schenn trade, remember.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Morgan Frost is 93rd among NHL centers in avg ice time per game.

He has averaged 16:12 vs Noah Cates’ 17:45.

Scott Laughton leads the team in faceoffs with 1002. Laughton has averaged 18:27 per game.

Frost is 3rd on the team in faceoffs taken.

So stop with the BS that Frost has received way more ice time than expected before the season. Hell, half this board bitched for half the season that he wasn’t playing high enough in the lineup.

I was right. 40 points was a reasonable floor expectation for Frost. Everyone who shrieked like it was some kind of impossible mission setting him up to fail was wrong.

What cherrypicked, no-context gibberish is this? He has had 2nd line usage. Wonder why you're selectively forgetting the entire "usage" aspect of that conversation. You know, where most of us said that we would expect him to clear 40 with 2nd line usage, but we didn't expect him to get that. And he wouldn't have without injuries.

You're taking a victory lap for a thing we said would happen, while you were desperate to paint him as a massive bust and were trying to pin blame for the whole season on him. You were fully sure he wouldn't be making that floor, and you expected to be taking a victory lap about what season-killing bust he is. You know we all have functional memories, right? Quit the two-faced nonsense. You have a bet to worry about, which is far more interesting than this revisionism.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
What cherrypicked, no-context gibberish is this? He has had 2nd line usage. Wonder why you're selectively forgetting the entire "usage" aspect of that conversation. You know, where most of us said that we would expect him to clear 40 with 2nd line usage, but we didn't expect him to get that. And he wouldn't have without injuries.

You're taking a victory lap for a thing we said would happen, while you were desperate to paint him as a massive bust and were trying to pin blame for the whole season on him. You were fully sure he wouldn't be making that floor, and you expected to be taking a victory lap about what season-killing bust he is. You know we all have functional memories, right? Quit the two-faced nonsense. You have a bet to worry about, which is far more interesting than this revisionism.
You acted like asking for 40 points from Morgan Frost was like asking Hannibal to cross the f’ing Alps.

We all read it. Go ahead & try to backtrack all you want.

While you’re running with your tail between your legs, you want to tell me you predicted Frost would be behind Noah Cates on the center depth chart, too?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You acted like asking for 40 points from Morgan Frost was like asking Hannibal to cross the f’ing Alps.

While you’re running with your tail between your legs, you want to tell me you predicted Frost would be behind Noah Cates on the center depth chart, too?

Are you hard of reading, or dishonest? The assertion was that Frost getting 40 points as a 3C was a massive task, and it would have been. He has gotten 2C usage for much of the year. Lying is a bad look, maybe don't do it.

As to your second nonsense point: coaches infallible?

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
The best part of this year was you guys posting Band-Maid.
I am the Maidiac that introduced them. Actually, they are 4 bands in one

1. Band-Maid; Hard Rock,
2. Band-Maid: Acoustical Rock, 1 album
3. Band-Maiko: Dress in maiko; remake songs and sing in Kyoto dialect, 1 album
4. Kluppo: Miku, writes pop songs and records them, 4 videosr

There latest song on YT is a live version of Puzzle, just released a day ago from their Tokyo Garden performance early January 2023.

I have not figured them out yet. Kanami has said, we write songs that come to our head and figure out how to play them as a band, the harder the better.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Are you hard of reading, or dishonest? The assertion was that Frost getting 40 points as a 3C was a massive task, and it would have been. He has gotten 2C usage for much of the year. Lying is a bad look, maybe don't do it.

As to your second nonsense point: coaches infallible?
Frost played 3rd line the majority of this season. Couturier might’ve unexpectedly got hurt, but Cates unexpectedly replaced Couturier above Frost in the lineup.

And, as I said before the season, he was also going to receive consistent PP time & have the chance to move up in the lineup with injuries.

Despite this, you continued to act like 40 pts out of Frost was an outlandish expectation — a Completely unreasonable ask & set intentionally unreachable in order for him to fail.

Well, I guess despite how much you & others raved about Frost’s offensive ability, I was more secure in it than you & your herd were.

Frost has made significant progress under Torts this season, & I give him credit for his progression.

I find it funny as hell that those who acted like 40 points for Frost was Mission Impossible are trying to take a victory lap, when in reality they should be embarrassed as hell over how much they whined about it being an unreasonable expectation.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC

"I don't care about the points in the standings for the Flyers, I just want to see 'improved play'. Points don't matter for how good I think this team is"

"Lmao if frost doesn't get 40 points he's a BUST"

Sure thing, skip.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Frost played 3rd line the majority of this season. Couturier might’ve unexpectedly got hurt, but Cates unexpectedly replaced Couturier above Frost in the lineup.

And, as I said before the season, he was also going to receive consistent PP time & have the chance to move up in the lineup with injuries.

Despite this, you continued to act like 40 pts out of Frost was an outlandish expectation — a Completely unreasonable ask & set intentionally unreachable in order for him to fail.

Well, I guess despite how much you & others raved about Frost’s offensive ability, I was more secure in it than you & your herd were.

Frost has made significant progress under Torts this season, & I give him credit for his progression.

I find it funny as hell that those who acted like 40 points for Frost was Mission Impossible are trying to take a victory lap, when in reality they should be embarrassed as hell over how much they whined about it being an unreasonable expectation.

Ok so you're just gonna roll with blatantly false delusions to try and pretend you got a win. You're also going to continue flat-out lying by selectively omitting the most important parts of the discussion.

Weird flex. Have fun with that.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It's really just tragically sad for someone to argue that Frost is a bust, and insist that not hitting 40 this year will prove it. To turn around and try to spin it as a victory when you were proven hilariously wrong, by heavily strawmanning and misrepresenting reality? Oof.

"HAHAHA you all thought he couldn't hit 40 in circumstances that ended up not coming to pass! Look how smart I am for being certain he's a Hextall Bust!"

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Is he though? I mean...they were both defending throwing a handicapped person's wheelchair down the stairs.

They’re a galaxy apart. One person I’m willing to engage with (to a point) in conversation — even if his devil’s advocate/intellectual nitpicking routine bleeds into intellectual dishonesty — and there’s no directing of personal ill will. He’s oddly endearing and entertaining at times. At worst, he makes me roll my eyes and move along.

The other…..best to leave that to your imagination.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
They’re a galaxy apart. One person I’m willing to engage with (to a point) in conversation — even if his devil’s advocate/intellectual nitpicking routine bleeds into intellectual dishonesty — and there’s no directing of personal ill will. He’s oddly endearing and entertaining at times. At worst, he makes me roll my eyes and move along.

I was only being half serious. I put one on ignore when they wanted to murder the elderly so he didn't have to be slightly inconvenienced. The other, to your point, is fun to take off from time to time just for the laughs.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Except I thought he could & would hit 40 points, & would have been disappointed had he not.

You’re STILL trying to spin it like 40 points was an unreasonable mark set only to call him a bust. LOL.

No, it’s what he was capable of & he did it. All of the shrieking that it was unreasonable was embarrassing.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Except I thought he could & would hit 40 points, & would have been disappointed had he not.

You’re STILL trying to spin it like 40 points was an unreasonable mark set only to call him a bust. LOL.

No, it’s what he was capable of & he did it. All of the shrieking that it was unreasonable was embarrassing.

It was unreasonable at 3C usage, which he didn't get thanks to injuries.

This is now circular where you're living in a bizarre delusion.

This is easily the most dishonest you've ever been. Everyone knew you established 40pts as a 3C so you could gloat about him being a bust. You didn't expect him to get there.

Reactions: kudymen

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville

Great post. Summed up a majority of my HF experience in one paragraph. Also

3o6MbpWWNJ7XnEhstO.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Amorgus

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Yep - one is a contrarian, the other is a genuinely bad person.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC

You're STILL spinning this angle. LOL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad