GDT: #75 | Rangers at FLYERS | Thu., Mar. 22, 2018, 7:00 pm ET | NBCSP, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The three teams chasing us all have hot goaltenders, figure one of them will cool off.
Now if we could just find a lukewarm goaltender, maybe Lyon?
Mrazek, stick a fork in him.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I would love to see what goes on behind the scenes with this team. We all know from years of watching the core guys here that guys like G, Voracek, and Couts can be dominate when they play with some fire. We saw that fire in the 3rd period vs the Canes and on Sunday....but by yesterday it was gone. I swear, Hak sucks it right out of them. His idea of preparing for a big game is "now we gotta play good responsible hockey...blah blah" and the players just come out flat. The "calm cool" approach has it's place in the dog days of the season, but right now its playoff time. You need a coach who is going to throw chairs and kick soda machines...one that is gonna get his players fired up and sure as hell is not going to get in the way when he sees his players playing with some passion. It is game 75...they know the X's and O's of his boring ass system...but he is a stubborn ass who has to control everything like he did in college and it ruins everything. They are going up against teams desperate for points or teams playing for pride or jobs next year...you arent going to win by out chessing them.

I often wonder how he would respond if he was coaching Game 6 2012 when G asked for the first shift. I guarantee you if he was not planning to start him he would have said no. That is the difference between a coach that gets it and a coach that doesnt.

Bottom line is a home game they need to win against the f***in Rangers who are out of the playoffs...they need to come out on fire and I have no faith that they will.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I would love to see what goes on behind the scenes with this team. We all know from years of watching the core guys here that guys like G, Voracek, and Couts can be dominate when they play with some fire. We saw that fire in the 3rd period vs the Canes and on Sunday....but by yesterday it was gone. I swear, Hak sucks it right out of them. His idea of preparing for a big game is "now we gotta play good responsible hockey...blah blah" and the players just come out flat. The "calm cool" approach has it's place in the dog days of the season, but right now its playoff time. You need a coach who is going to throw chairs and kick soda machines...one that is gonna get his players fired up and sure as hell is not going to get in the way when he sees his players playing with some passion. It is game 75...they know the X's and O's of his boring ass system...but he is a stubborn ass who has to control everything like he did in college and it ruins everything. They are going up against teams desperate for points or teams playing for pride or jobs next year...you arent going to win by out chessing them.

I often wonder how he would respond if he was coaching Game 6 2012 when G asked for the first shift. I guarantee you if he was not planning to start him he would have said no. That is the difference between a coach that gets it and a coach that doesnt.

Bottom line is a home game they need to win against the ****in Rangers who are out of the playoffs...they need to come out on fire and I have no faith that they will.

Welllllllll said

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC

Bottom line is a home game they need to win against the ****in Rangers who are out of the playoffs...they need to come out on fire and I have no faith that they will.
No coach should have to fire the team up every game. Something is just wrong. The whole team looks like shit to when they don't show up not just 1 line.f***ed up sloppy team. Over 65 bad passes last night from everyone on the team not just the bad players.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I would say that there's roughly an equal chance that the King of Sieves lets in six. If you are asking yourself "He just shat on Henry, didn't he?" Yes, yes I certainly did, and I am going to continue until he ****s off out of the league.

Check out the "highlights" of Lundqvist's performance last night. It included not noticing that the period had started, requiring him to make a save while his stick was still on top of the net, and failing to freeze a puck after a save, allowing an opponent to casually fish it out and pot it into the open net.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Check out the "highlights" of Lundqvist's performance last night. It included not noticing that the period had started, requiring him to make a save while his stick was still on top of the net, and failing to freeze a puck after a save, allowing an opponent to casually fish it out and pot it into the open net.

So of course he will play out of his mind against us and stop 39 out of 40 shots.

DutchDennis

Nov 13, 2006
The Netherlands
At home against the lowly Rangers.

1. They've been eliminated, we fight for a po spot.

2. They sold as much as they can, we have career years for our top-6 players.

3. They are already planning for next season, we want to give it a try.

I mean, what the **** can go wrong ?!
Well... Mrazek in goal for example... please start Lyon...

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011

100% agree with that part about G asking for the first shift, Hack would have said well golly I already had planned on double shifting Flip but good talking to you Claude

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebels57 and Tripod

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
No coach should have to fire the team up every game. Something is just wrong. The whole team looks like **** to when they don't show up not just 1 line.****ed up sloppy team. Over 65 bad passes last night from everyone on the team not just the bad players.
I agree but I believe after Lavi, they wanted PIM down a ton, and when Hexy took over I truly believe he wants this franchise to have that drone like swagger the Kings had when they won their cups, not getting excited and playing with their chokes all the way out but smart precise hockey, which is fine and all but this is the Philadelphia f***ing Flyers, I for one am tired of guys getting too close to any of the goalies, giving them snow showers, pushing guys around, slashing, crosschecking all going unchecked, Simmer is hurt but to lose that physical mentality that made Philly a tough place to play, I think is a sin
Rant over

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
So is it true Neuvirth could come back this road trip??

If that means it gets Mrazek off the ice, I'll take it. I mean Neuvy might last a grand total of two games, but oh well.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
So is it true Neuvirth could come back this road trip??

If that means it gets Mrazek off the ice, I'll take it. I mean Neuvy might last a grand total of two games, but oh well.

Neuvirth practiced with the team in Detroit and the road trip seems likely.

As an aside, the changes by both teams -- Rangers more so -- have been made in the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad