GDT: #74 - Pittsburgh vs Columbus - Fact vs fiction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matsun

Aug 15, 2010
gdt51.jpg

gdt52.jpg

gdt53.jpg

gdt54-1.jpg

gdt55.jpg

gdt56.jpg

gdt57.jpg

gdt58.jpg

gdt59.jpg

gdt510.jpg

gdt511-1.png

Sorry for any/all the spelling errors, was at a dark place when I did this Gdt (it was 2 am)

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Very nice. :handclap: No need for scuderi to be left out of the fun though! And it could have been kobasew instead of Pyatt but I digress.

Feeling another L tonight. Hope beau plays!

Oh and the thought of Adams centering a line is just.. ugh

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
@MolinariPG: The Penguins, losers of three in row, have called off game-day skate in Columbus. Pretty standard practice when playing on consecutive days.

Hey who needs practice.

[Yt]qj0rTaKssW0[/MEDIA]

Last edited:

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I think Bennett will take Jokinen's spot on the 2nd line and Jokes will take the 3rd line centre role. That's the simplest way anyways. Its not like Columbus is going to physically destroy us...are they?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think Bennett will take Jokinen's spot on the 2nd line and Jokes will take the 3rd line centre role. That's the simplest way anyways. Its not like Columbus is going to physically destroy us...are they?

Gibbons can do the 3rd line center spot between Bennett and Megna. That's actually not a bad 3rd line.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Columbus need to win to get into a good spot for the play-offs and to get a run going.

penguins2946*

I'd make the lines:

Kunitz-Crosby-Stempniak
Bennett-Jokinen-Neal
Pyatt-Sutter-Gibbons
Glass-Adams-Megna

The Gibbons-Pyatt pair has looked good so far.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Matsun, are you free tonight? Can I buy you a drink?

Great GDT :)

From Dejan:
Random bloggery from the scene: I’m going to say this now, only because he’s scored each of the past two games so it won’t look like I’m cherrypicking: There is nothing I like about Taylor Pyatt’s game as it relates to what the Penguins need from their third and fourth lines. … Anze Kopitar is the sun, the moon and the stars. Darryl Sutter had no business putting him into Sidney Crosby’s category yesterday, but that’s his player, so I get it. But Kopitar is special, one of those rare talents you can’t take your eyes off. … Olli Maatta needs a day off. … Next time you complain about any left-side defenseman getting torched — and that includes Maatta — do a double-take at the Penguins’ neutral-zone system. That’s all I’ll say on that for now. … If you’re keeping score at home on the Bench-Jussi meter, Craig Adams and Tanner Glass each took an ill-advised, non-defensive-zone penalty without being benched by Dan Bylsma. … The NHL’s officiating is … aw, you know. … I’d like to see the league watch video for acts of blatant embellishment, such as Jayson Megna’s embarrassing dive to draw an interference whistle. Suspend, fine or both. … Hang onto your Beau Bennett receipts. If he plays tonight in Columbus, he might break again.
http://blog.triblive.com/dejan-kovacevic/

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
I'd make the lines:

Kunitz-Crosby-Stempniak
Bennett-Jokinen-Neal
Pyatt-Sutter-Gibbons
Glass-Adams-Megna

The Gibbons-Pyatt pair has looked good so far.

Pyatt has played his two best games of the year. It seems like he and Gibbons really balance each other out on the wings. Gibbons is the speed, Pyatt is the size.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Why do we close the post game thread's so quickly on back to backs? Talk of the previous game usually drifts into the following day. Plus, with no morning skate, there's not much to talk about for tonight's game.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Pyatt has played his two best games of the year. It seems like he and Gibbons really balance each other out on the wings. Gibbons is the speed, Pyatt is the size.

Together they are like one decent hockey player.

Great GDT! It's a scary place, in DB's head.

Let's go for the firing, folks!

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Also, screw Pyatt. The dude sucks. I don't care how well he played the past few games. He shouldn't be on a playoff team roster.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
@MolinariPG: Goalie Sergei Bobrovsky, who has been ill, is not on the ice for Columbus' game-day skate.

Maybe we'll finally get a backup goalie we can beat.

...or just make it 3 for 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad