GDT: #74|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Montreal Canadiens|The effort of the Pittsburgh Penguins in 1 GDT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think if they got a dog shock collar for Letang and when he’s about to make a stupid, risky play just zap him, that could work....I’d try that first...it’s a lot cheaper...
Letang would probably see that as some sort of kinky foreplay.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
giphy.gif

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Need to get these 2 pts and hopefully get ZAR and/or Simon back to get Rust off Sid's line.
Still a night where most look like they are just going through the motions.
Playing down to oppoenents? Fatigue/still conserving energy? Not sure what it is.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Need to get these 2 pts and hopefully get ZAR and/or Simon back to get Rust off Sid's line.
Playing down to oppoenents? Fatigue/still conserving energy? Not sure what it is.

They’re just not as good as we’d hope they’d be?...

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Third period I am seeing the PENGUINS... start stop skating leaning into fast turns and snapping accurate fast passes. Nice to see my team show up for a period out of the past six save for some loose skating. Hopefully this is how they trend through the last handful from this period on.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
There, sure, but he's been missing a few of those cases. No biggie, just citing something keeping the line from being the A+ version it was.

You know what's sad. Montreal sucks. We both know that. And, our only ES goals were stupid effort plays from Sid and Geno.

Honestly, right now, my lines are as follows . . .

Sheary-Sid-Horny
HGR
Jake-Brass-Rust

Our defensive play and mix of personnel is so suspect, the only way we're going to have a chance to go anywhere in the playoffs is with 3 lines coming at you in waves like 2016. The only combo of 9 forwards I see doing that is what's above.

Sid activiting Sid-mode will help us a lot in having that wave after wave attack.

Sully stopping using Rust with Sid would also help.

Using GOOD players like ZAR and Simon on L4 would help.

The mix on D is what it is. We have to hope Letang and Schultz raise their game. We need Dumo to be 2017 Dumo.

Reactions: KIRK

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
There, sure, but he's been missing a few of those cases. No biggie, just citing something keeping the line from being the A+ version it was.

You know what's sad. Montreal sucks. We both know that. And, our only ES goals were stupid effort plays from Sid and Geno.

Honestly, right now, my lines are as follows . . .

Sheary-Sid-Horny
HGR
Jake-Brass-Rust

Our defensive play and mix of personnel is so suspect, the only way we're going to have a chance to go anywhere in the playoffs is with 3 lines coming at you in waves like 2016. The only combo of 9 forwards I see doing that is what's above.
Which line is Rust on? I'm assuming it's HGR and Guentzel-Brassard-Kessel.

That leaves our fourth line as ZAR-Sheahan-X, which I don't mind.

I think I'm more concerned about our defense than forwards, but I like that forward lineup.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Was thinking during the intermission this team reminds me of the 2009-2010 version (except you have Phil then Geno carrying the lion's share of the water versus Sid then). There's just such a lack of engagement and passion, and the 'well, they'll flip the switch' semi wish casting is similar. I'm not saying it's the same-- and who knows, maybe there is a magic switch this year-- but it's reminiscent.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Which line is Rust on? I'm assuming it's HGR and Guentzel-Brassard-Kessel.

That leaves our fourth line as ZAR-Sheahan-X, which I don't mind.

I think I'm more concerned about our defense than forwards, but I like that forward lineup.

That top 9 with that L4 can help disguise the defensive weaknesses with possession hockey,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad