Disturb'd. What the f***.

1711642734857.png

Our genre is our genre

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
I was like, what? I only know the Nightwish version:

That is badass. I actually clicked on the Gurdy one thinking it was a Zeppelin cover. I'm glad it wasn't. Great song

From starting shift in a crucial overtime game twice in 1 week, to healthy scratch. Torts is very normal.

I had this exact thought :laugh:

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
They'll lose. Bet it on it. I so want to see Torts get his f***ing comeuppance by falling out of the playoffs at the last minute.

Looks like the #2 WC and #3 Metro spots are the ones up for grabs, TB is only 2 points away from sending Leafs to the WC#1 spot. Capitals have a better winning % than us...the next 2 games (Habs & Hawks) are MUST wins for Philly.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
The habs have been acquitting themselves fairly well lately, for a divisional bottom-dweller. Pasted the Kraken recently in their own house behind good games from Guhle and Newhook, went on to beat COL too. Could be a close game.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Is Ersson wearing down? Probably.

The raw number of games played, 43, is not the issue. However he’s made nearly all of the starts since we last saw he who shall not be named and when you couple that with the stress of being in a playoff race, it has to take a toll.

Let’s not forget, this a young goalie with limited NHL experience who went into the season as the #2 guy on a team expected to be a bottom 10 team. Asking him to now play a Marty Brodeur type of schedule in a tight playoff race is asking quite a lot.
Which is why I try not to be too hard on him. Yes he has struggled at times but this is still a young man trying to get his footing in the best league in the world. I just don’t want to have them trade him and sign some veteran who is a minimal upgrade to a stupid contract. Instead bring in a veteran who can help him the ups and downs of being a pro. He has not had that most of the season.

Cates scratched, Atkinson back in
So we trade one offensive black hole for another. Cool.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
hoping to see Flyers keep up their tempo and scratch out another win.

Playoff-bound team like NYR, or cellar dweller like the Habs, it makes little difference to the Flyer's approach....they always have to first work hard defensively, block shots, suppress high danger chances and then get some offense from what seems now like targeted plays like break-out pass breakaways with hard cut-ins or opportunistic 2 on 1s, or shorties, and failing that, just sheer shot volume and then follow-up.

Nothing is easy for them, against any team.

P.S. They also usually need .900 sv % goaltending...they need a lot of things in place to win.

Reactions: renberg

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Philly Wings have a make up home game, since Saskatchewan got snowed in and couldn't make the original date. Heck even if I was home, I would be watching the UConn men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad