GDT: #74 ⋅ ANA @ EDM ⋅ 1:00 PM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
McTavish 11:14. Zegras 14:45.

👏

Mac looks like he’s gonna die every time he’s out there. I applaud him for trying to gut it out, but he needs to shut it down for the season and whoever keeps telling him he can play through it needs to fired immediately after the season ends

Reactions: Static

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Recognizing that Zegras has a ton of talent, seeing him stand out so much in this roster has me wondering if he is really that talented or if everyone else is just dead on their skates for one reason or another.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i was all for giving cronin another season to see what he can do what a healthy roster, but what he's done with zegras these last two games has really irked me

Reactions: ScarTroy

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Yeah I was all for giving a healthy roster to Cronin again next season, but watching him with a fairly healthy roster right now isn’t promising. No line looks threatening, and he makes zero in game adjustments to fix anything.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
around 5:25

A year later, i'm sure Pat has done that self-eval at some point :nod:

Verbeek's response to the question after Lisa's question makes you wonder about Verbeek. Verbeek just said recently at the Migration event that he was happy with the compete and culture even though the team was doing worse than last year's team. And after the this year's TDL, it's not great.

I kept the interview going and Verbeek said he's not going to rush players and put them into bad situations in order to get them to the NHL before they're ready.

Reactions: Kalv

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Verbeek's response to the question after Lisa's question makes you wonder about Verbeek. Verbeek just said recently at the Migration event that he was happy with the compete and culture even though the team was doing worse than last year's team. And after the this year's TDL, it's not great.

I kept the interview going and Verbeek said he's not going to rush players and put them into bad situations in order to get them to the NHL before they're ready.

*again.

** and THIS time, he really means it.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
There's zero structure to the way this team plays hockey. f*** cronin! They can't defend, pass, shoot or score. 3 wins out of 15 games this month. That's f***ing pathetic. Like I said last game, with zero signs of it getting better anytime soon.

Reactions: Zegras11

Zegras11

Jun 22, 2019
The Oilers radio postgame show is really ripping on the Ducks coaching staff. Saying it looks like they have implemented no structure, system, discipline, or compete and are not capable of making any adjustments. And that the roster is not good enough to be a playoff team but it’s good enough to look a lot better than they do. Really couldn’t agree more, there really hasn’t been much growth in the team at all since Cronin took over. If anything most players seem to be regressing throughout the season.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
It is possible, and would be wise, that Zegras is having his minutes managed, because he’s coming back from a broken leg, and it is exceedingly unlikely that he’s not in condition to be playing 18 minutes a game.

That's fair enough, but he certainly isn't playing like a guy that needs his minutes managed. And in a game where we were struggling to create anything he was consistently involved and we need more of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad