GDT: #74 ⋅ ANA @ EDM ⋅ 1:00 PM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
the samuelis should sell the team
Yes, I hate having owners who actively look to grow hockey in the area, keep the team in the area and provide the most stability and success the team has ever had.

Yeah the last few seasons have been horrid, and we have bottomed out hard but damn are we really forgetting we were one of the best NHL teams for well over a decade? Not bad for one of the smallest teams in the league really.

3rd in points in the regular season and 3rd most playoff games won between 2005 and 2018 (when we bottomed out), 12 playoff series wins plus a Cup win, and with a bit more luck we have at least one more SCF appearance in that time (and a 13th series win). We're also 9th all time in playoff series winning percentage.

For a comparison:
Edmonton has won 12 playoff series between 1990 and 2023 (1 cup)
Kings have won 12 playoff series between 1992 and 2023 (2 cups)
Vancouver have won 12 playoff series between 1993 and 2023 (0 cups)
Calgary have won 12 playoff series between 1985 and 2023 (1 cup)
San Jose have won 12 playoff series between 2007 and 2019 - Sharks bottomed out in 2019 (0 cups)

Like I said, the last few seasons have been absolutely putrid no doubt.....but calls for them to sell the team? Yeah not a fan of that....especially in an age where it is easier then ever for teams to be moved to another market.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
They don't necessarily need to sell, but I wish they'd have a more active role in the team/on ice product. I know, be careful what you wish for.

Ducks4Cup

Jun 14, 2022
If we were losing one goal games that’s fixable from one season to the next. Hell a team could go from cellar dweller to contender.
But taking 10 penalties a game and losing by 5 goals? Even cutting those PIMS in half is a big ask. WTH is going on top to bottom in this organization?

Reactions: DuckRogers10

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
They don't necessarily need to sell, but I wish they'd have a more active role in the team/on ice product. I know, be careful what you wish for.
Out of interest, what does a more active role mean to you?

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
Not sure why you'd want ownership more involved in the on ice product, that's why you hire staff with the appropriate expertise. Most ownership groups don't know f***-all about the complexities of drafting, scouting, and developing professional athletes, nor is it their job to know that.

Trust me, as an Angels fan I much prefer the hands off approach.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Yes, I hate having owners who actively look to grow hockey in the area, keep the team in the area and provide the most stability and success the team has ever had.

Yeah the last few seasons have been horrid, and we have bottomed out hard but damn are we really forgetting we were one of the best NHL teams for well over a decade? Not bad for one of the smallest teams in the league really.

3rd in points in the regular season and 3rd most playoff games won between 2005 and 2018 (when we bottomed out), 12 playoff series wins plus a Cup win, and with a bit more luck we have at least one more SCF appearance in that time (and a 13th series win). We're also 9th all time in playoff series winning percentage.

For a comparison:
Edmonton has won 12 playoff series between 1990 and 2023 (1 cup)
Kings have won 12 playoff series between 1992 and 2023 (2 cups)
Vancouver have won 12 playoff series between 1993 and 2023 (0 cups)
Calgary have won 12 playoff series between 1985 and 2023 (1 cup)
San Jose have won 12 playoff series between 2007 and 2019 - Sharks bottomed out in 2019 (0 cups)

Like I said, the last few seasons have been absolutely putrid no doubt.....but calls for them to sell the team? Yeah not a fan of that....especially in an age where it is easier then ever for teams to be moved to another market.
where's all this talk of relocation coming from? obviously the samuelis aren't going to sell the team with how much $$$ they've put into ocvibe and the ducks aren't going anywhere anytime soon because of that

just seems to me like they're content with nothing more than making the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad