Prospect Info: 73OA: Noah Dower Nilsson

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Nope. If he was really talented and really skilled, he would not have gone 73rd OA.

Outside the very top picks, the draft is really a crap shoot. You can find a lot of guys with skills, but there are usually other questionable areas that need addressing. Sometimes teams feel like a player may be talented enough, but the other tools possibly hold him back. But when such players are drafted, the team taking them acknowledge these weaknesses, but they see good things in the player and hope the questionable areas can be developed over time. So this was pretty much the case here.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018
This was their best pick of the draft for the value. Ranked #17 in EU skaters and when you watch him, he’s got it. Super raw but has the shot, vision, passing, length, etc. He’ll be an NHL’er. Far more productive than his brother at the same age and his brother had 5 points in 20 games last season in the SEL, which was good to see.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Nope. If he was really talented and really skilled, he would not have gone 73rd OA.
Good point. Let me let Hintz, Robertson, Point, Aho, Kucherov, Bratt, Kyrou, etc. know so they can return their PPG seasons to Bettman.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
I'm fine with him as a 3rd rounder. I know he had some gaudy totals, but honestly I was never super impressed with what I saw from him on the international stage. But part of that had to do with people slapping a late 1st or early 2nd round grade on him. I wont lie, I actually like the family angle and story here. Seems like their mom's passing really affected NDN at his younger age so it's cool to see the family be really close and to get the opportunity to potentially play together

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
Nepotism…..

tenor.gif
I like the pick where we got him, but nepotism? No, Stevie or drapes would have to be a dower-nilsons. But seriously, a little strange that we have both, when the first hasn't exactly set the world on fire.

Crunchy

Jan 27, 2020
Draper, in his interview, suggests NDN had a fast start, got injured, struggled to recover, and had a slow finish and poor U18s.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
And just had surgery on his shoulder to top that off.

It’s a bummer, but at least he’s getting it taken care of now. And if that’s why he fell in the draft then Detroit might have a steal on their hands. NDN had a 1st round grade at a couple points in the season until he slipped.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
From what I could gather between watching his interviews after the draft, at the prospects camp and from the Draper/Cleary interviews at camp, they had both Dower Nilsson boys get scans on their shoulders and there may have been a genetic/structural issue at play that he got fixed up. I could be wrong, but I'm picturing something like the issues that Stafford had when he first got to the NFL and how he had to get something changed up structurally to make sure it wouldnt pop out so easy.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Anyone know when he is supposed to return from injury? He’s missed a decent # of games already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad