Prospect Info: 73OA: Noah Dower Nilsson

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
as someone that hasn't been following this guy all that much why did he fall so much in the draft rankings throughout the year?

I remember him being talked about much higher earlier in the year than he ended up looking at the various prospect rankings, am I just misremembering things or what? seems like his production has remained strong throughout the year

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018
(Steve scanning for players to draft…) “hey Håkan didn’t that Liam guy we drafted have a brother in this class?” Yeah put his name in, mom makes great cookies.

Reactions: Henkka

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
as someone that hasn't been following this guy all that much why did he fall so much in the draft rankings throughout the year?

I remember him being talked about much higher earlier in the year than he ended up looking at the various prospect rankings, am I just misremembering things or what?
Just looking at the write up in The Black Book, they had him as a first rounder earlier in the year but dropped him to 76 on their final list.

The main gripe seems to be he tries a lot of risky/low % plays. They thought that was the reason he didn’t get a chance with the men’s team despite putting up so many points this year. They also thought he played poorly at the U18s to close out his draft season.

I think some of that is fair, but he was still a top 50 player for me and this is a really exciting pick to me.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
If Im reading HockeyDB correctly, looks like he led all first-year draft eligibles in the Swedish Jr league in goals and points.

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018
Finally a player I like. Why? He’s a forward with PRODUCTION. History has proven time and time again, the most correlating statistic to NHL translation is age adjusted production. The Wings rarely seem to draft these guys. Hence why they can’t score goals.

Reactions: ShanahanMan

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Nope. If he was really talented and really skilled, he would not have gone 73rd OA.
You must be new to the NHL.

Look at the Brady Cleveland pick a bit earlier. Now consider that literally every GM in the league is guilty of drafting Brady Clevelands too high and hoping that jsize dellvelops skill, while leaving alot of skill available to be taken in the middle rounds.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Two Dower-Nilssons ?

Why not.

Nepotism…..

tenor.gif

Reactions: izlez

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
You must be new to the NHL.

Look at the Brady Cleveland pick a bit earlier. Now consider that literally every GM in the league is guilty of drafting Brady Clevelands too high and hoping that jsize dellvelops skill, while leaving alot of skill available to be taken in the middle rounds.
You clearly aren't new to cliches it appears. High end NHL players predominately come from the very top of the first round with very high correlation. Take a look at the percentage of mid-round picks that actually make the NHL and then look at their per-game production. Size can certainly be over-drafted, but there isn't this abundance of highly-skilled talent sitting there in the mid rounds like there may have been when Europe was under scouted in the 80s and 90s.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
But does he backcheck?

I guess he has offensive upside? That's nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad