GDT: #73| FLYERS at Wild | Thurs., March 23, 2017 | 8:00 pm ET | FS-N, FS-WI, CSN-PH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
If we don't sign Mason, I don't want to sign anyone in net. Seriously.

We're in a complete lose-lose at goaltender, IMO once Mason leaves (I know, someone would say that's also a lose. But we know he CAN be great here).

If we sign someone, they will be mediocre most likely. UNLESS we pay for the top guys, who will get grossly overpaid.

I'd so much rather just roll with Stolarz and Neuvirth (if he is here), accept that we'll be bad (but not pay out the wazoo) for mediocre goaltending. Use whatever we would've paid a goaltender to bring in forward/D depth.

so your saying writeoff all of next season already to ?

YIKES!!!!

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
so your saying writeoff all of next season already to ?

YIKES!!!!

No, I'm saying write-off goaltending and spend our money more wisely to fix the rest of the team (since goaltending was only one of our problems this year). Only way I think differently is if we can get one of the top FA goaltenders to a cheap, 1-2 year deal. Otherwise, I think we're going to get boned asset-management wise.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Now Simmonds is out with the Twins and they nearly get scored on after a Bellemare turnover. LOL.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Whale oil was used in transmissions until it was banned. It took years to find a suitable replacement lubricant.

When Schenn retires I think he should allow the Auto industry to harvest his oil, I suspect it's even better than whatever those lazy fat fish make.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Ya I just don't see how people expect him to get this massive deal ?

The days of goalies getting big UFA deals are going away.

I disagree. The problem is that most very good goalies don't get to free agency. When they do, like Ryan Miller a few years ago, you get 5 mill+++.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Nice to see good players on the ice in the final minute..players that can skate the puck out of trouble and make a play. Must have been a mistake by Hak lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad