GDT: #73: Canadiens at FLYERS, Tuesday, March 19, 2019, 7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Clear ability to be measured, eh? Are we talking fastest with or without the puck? First step or at top speed? Surely acceleration comes into play? Straightaway or lateral? Does edge work factor into this? Perhaps there's a site I'm unaware of that has come up with some advanced metric that takes all of these factors into account and ranks guys by overall skating ability. Could you point me to that site? I'd be really interested in seeing how it shakes out when compared to other metrics.

And really, you can't see hockey IQ? You can't see that Claude Giroux is processing the game faster than Jordan Weal? You don't think playmaking ability via assists is representative of a player's hockey IQ? This explains your inability to appreciate Sean Couturier all of these years. You're blind to hockey IQ.

all of those things can be measured. What can't be measured is processing the game.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The pigeon takes the assist from Ghost

A5IkF0uR_400x400.jpg

Big boy needs to eat.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Sanheim should hard training in summer. He has everything but sometimes he lost speed and agility due to his bad stamina.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Couturier has to be the smartest player the Flyers have he's not the fastest ain't got a lot of good moves, but he's just a beast. Sign him forever too

the problem is the usual bums on the team don't speak coots language

they never saw the wizard to get a brain, because they don't know what color the yellow brick road looks like

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
all of those things can be measured. What can't be measured is processing the game.

Nope, definitely aren't any stats out there that attempt to measure hockey IQ. None whatsoever. Btw's, I'm really waiting on that skating stat that measures the top skaters in the league. Please link me to that site. I'm just absolutely dying to get a look at all of that wonderfully measurable data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad