GDT: #73 ⋅ ANA @ SEA ⋅ 7:00 PM PDT

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I 100% agree that it was. I 100% think that he then has to suck it up and get payback later, or have the self control to hit him in a way that doesn’t draw a call. That crosscheck needs to be called every single time.
I’m not disagreeing with what you’re saying…. And his immaturity is def something that needs to be worked on.

But again I didn’t have much of an issue with it tonight with the calls. And again I’d rather see that emotion than the non emotions we get most nights

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
There's a few moments here and there when they show life but for the most part theres no desire in this team. We got a rookie coach who imo is worse than Eakins. We needed an NHL coach and Verbeek failed us with this experiment. Our #1 goalie checked out in 2019. I love Dostal but hes pretty inconsistent. He'll be lights out one game then get lit up a few nights later. He'll improve. The lack of veteran leadership is what worries me most of all. None of the vets or any of the younger kids (not even Mctavish) have what it takes to captain this team. I said in a previous post I wish Getzlaf could've played a few more seasons. Add on top of all that, the treatment we've gotten from the officials this year. I know im all over the place with this one but I love hockey and this team more than anything but this just isn't fun anymore. 6 years without playoffs and 7 without a playoff win and no sign of it getting better. The potential is there with all the young talent but I dont have much faith in the management/coaches to get them to the next level. We really need someone to stand up and be a huge difference maker on and off the ice.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Pretty sure mctavish Vatrano and strome have all taken dumb unnecessary cross check penalties

The only difference to me is zegras got his moneys worth.

And he was already going to the box, and Seattle scored on first power play…. So the 2nd one didn’t really matter in terms of the score
And people have been calling for McTavish to get benched forever, and complained when he was tonight. :dunno: I think most posters just want the players they personally don’t like to get benched. I’ve been behind pretty much every single person who’s been benched this year.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I’m not disagreeing with what you’re saying…. And his immaturity is def something that needs to be worked on.

But again I didn’t have much of an issue with it tonight with the calls. And again I’d rather see that emotion than the non emotions we get most nights
Gotcha, I can see that.

For me, it’s maddening that he’s back two games and doing the same stupid shit Eakins was even benching him for.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Also I was under the impression that Cronin was supposed to have a bit more fire in terms of being confrontational with the refs and other teams

“Oh, hi there Lagesson. I see that you got in a routine net-front scrum that happens every night 10 times a game to protect your goalie who got bumped by the 5’10 rookie playing in his second career game. Right to jail.”

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
And people have been calling for McTavish to get benched forever, and complained when he was tonight. :dunno: I think most posters just want the players they personally don’t like to get benched. I’ve been behind pretty much every single person who’s been benched this year.

That’s prob true too
I pray fowler gets benched or traded nightly

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I am tired of looking at Killorn's dumb face on the ice.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Gotcha, I can see that.

For me, it’s maddening that he’s back two games and doing the same stupid shit Eakins was even benching him for.
He’s def a hot head

Hot heads don’t exactly grow out of that stuff …. Perry still takes dumb selfies penalties

Hopefully he can be better about putting the team in worse situations…. But right now the team has no light

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
There's a few moments here and there when they show life but for the most part theres no desire in this team. We got a rookie coach who imo is worse than Eakins. We needed an NHL coach and Verbeek failed us with this experiment. Our #1 goalie checked out in 2019. I love Dostal but hes pretty inconsistent. He'll be lights out one game then get lit up a few nights later. He'll improve. The lack of veteran leadership is what worries me most of all. None of the vets or any of the younger kids (not even Mctavish) have what it takes to captain this team. I said in a previous post I wish Getzlaf could've played a few more seasons. Add on top of all that, the treatment we've gotten from the officials this year. I know im all over the place with this one but I love hockey and this team more than anything but this just isn't fun anymore. 6 years without playoffs and 7 without a playoff win and no sign of it getting better. The potential is there with all the young talent but I dont have much faith in the management/coaches to get them to the next level. We really need someone to stand up and be a huge difference maker on and off the ice.
We need people willing to lose their shit and not take it anymore. The previous iteration of this franchise had that from top to bottom.

Bob mightve been an asshole who deserved to get fired, but man he did not like losing and we knew it. I don't know one thing verbeek actually stands for. What cronin actually stands for.

I fear we have a bunch of vets taking retirement contracts on the beach and a bunch of kids looking for a leader who doesn't exist.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I don't know why you are weighing them differently when they are inevitable.
Because I don’t see a player losing self control as inevitable. I consider it a character flaw. Felt exactly the same way about Getzlaf and Perry throwing tantrums on the ice.

Bad calls happen. That crosscheck is about the name on the back, not the front. It wasn’t to spark the team or stand up for a teammate, it was because he was pissed off and didn’t care about the consequences.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
He’s def a hot head

Hot heads don’t exactly grow out of that stuff …. Perry still takes dumb selfies penalties
True but also counter to the penalties perry and kesler and getzlaf and a whole slew of other great players aren’t the same if they aren’t kind of hot heads

Also I can’t stress enough I think he cools down a lotif we become a semi competitive team.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
We need people willing to lose their shit and not take it anymore. The previous iteration of this franchise had that from top to bottom.

Bob mightve been an asshole who deserved to get fired, but man he did not like losing and we knew it. I don't know one thing verbeek actually stands for. What cronin actually stands for.

I fear we have a bunch of vets taking retirement contracts on the beach and a bunch of kids looking for a leader who doesn't exist.

And yet people on this very board got mad because Killorn got hit with an unsportsmanlike like a month ago because he lightly slammed the penalty box door and the other team scored on that power play.

The crux of this discussion is that those guys were legitimately some of the best teams in the league and in franchise history and the margin for error was enormous, particularly for the mid to late-2000s post-lockout group. This team needs to play basically perfect, mistake-free hockey to win most nights to begin with, they can’t afford to keep going to the box and compounding errors, no matter how much we like to see it on a personal level

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013

Love him or hate him - stepping into the head coaching role and getting a winning record during our first rebuild season was kind of legendary

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
And yet people on this very board got mad because Killorn got hit with an unsportsmanlike like a month ago because he lightly slammed the penalty box door and the other team scored on that power play.

The crux of this discussion is that those guys were legitimately some of the best teams in the league and in franchise history and the margin for error was enormous, particularly for the mid to late-2000s post-lockout group. This team needs to play basically perfect, mistake-free hockey to win most nights to begin with, they can’t afford to keep going to the box and compounding errors, no matter how much we like to see it on a personal level
So does this team lack talent or desire?

There’s plenty of talent up at forward, I don’t see a lot of desire to score. I’m sure that sooner or later these unscreened shots are going to find holes.

The attitude is the problem right now. You can see it by the lack of driving to the net and going to dirty areas and making people pay. They’re out there like a bunch of figure skaters.

You want to win? You need players who hate to lose.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Let’s talk about more positive things

Gautheir or/and colangelo could be in Anaheim after tom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad