GDT: #73 ⋅ ANA @ SEA ⋅ 7:00 PM PDT

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
It costs the team regardless. Zegras didn't put us in hole that didn't already exist. He shows more tenacity in the last two days than anyone on the team in the last two months.

Easier to do when you haven't been a part of the team for 2 months while they've been taking the beating.

It's a good thing. I'm not down on his passion and tenacity but there are still lines and the coa thing staff still have to try to mold better players

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Nobody else took a penalty like that. The first one was a good penalty to take. The second one was absolutely unacceptable, especially at that point of the game. He needs to put the team before his emotions.
Not saying Zegras didn’t take a stupid penalty. But there have been many others that haven’t resulted in a benching.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
zegras needs to do some maturing, but he's the only one out there who gives a shit at this point
Totally agree. Obviously he ended up self destructing but everyone that could’ve and should’ve conceivably been more impactful than z completely disappeared into the game to put it nicely

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
It costs the team regardless. Zegras didn't put us in hole that didn't already exist. He shows more tenacity in the last two days than anyone on the team in the last two months.
To the bench! No emotions here, sir. You can crosscheck all night, BUT NOT IF YOU'RE MAD! 30 guys took crosschecking penalties tonight but only one sat for it.

I don't like what Cronin's doing. Can't tell whether he's a bad coach yet (leaning no) but I don't like how he coaches. Don't like his lineups, don't like his system, don't like his idea of accountability, don't like how he talks like he knows what he's doing and then doesn't do anything like he knows what it is.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Not saying Zegras didn’t take a stupid penalty. But there have been many others that haven’t resulted in a benching.
Who? There are stupid penalties, and there are selfish penalties. I don’t remember anyone else taking a selfish one, much less when up 2-1 in a game.

ff8

Aug 25, 2022
Fully expected the loss and secures us hopefully only dropping to 4th, but they really didn’t need a full period of powerplay time to do it. Cronin and the assistant coaches can take a hike.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Easier to do when you haven't been a part of the team for 2 months while they've been taking the beating.

It's a good thing. I'm not down on his passion and tenacity but there are still lines and the coa thing staff still have to try to mold better players
You have to take the good with the bad. Zegras, our best player, plays better when he's like this. Teams respond to that emotion as well.

If we are going to get called for bullshit all night anyway, then what is the difference? Id rather they be passionate penalties than anything else.

15 years later we are not getting the benefit of the doubt. These calls aren't going away.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
I have to wonder if he's playing overly cautious right now after the last knee scare

Nah, he’s just experiencing the growing pains of what works and what doesn’t at this level. His entries through center and at the offensive blue line haven’t been working for a couple months now (some of which isn’t all on him), he’s gonna have to adjust

Reactions: Rybread86

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No argument. But that exactly when you absolutely don’t do something stupid like that.

He’s a sublime talent, but he’s gotta put a lid on the immaturity.

With the way the season has gone I’d like to see more emotion from the players….

But the only guys that seem to get frustrated are Vatrano gudas strome zegras and killorn

Reactions: robbieboy3686

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
I have to wonder if he's playing overly cautious right now after the last knee scare
Nah he's been flying when he has the puck. It's just that his only move for the last 2 months has been to skate from one end of the ice to the other and then bring the puck in too close to the goalie to score

Reactions: Rybread86

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
You have to take the good with the bad. Zegras, our best player, plays better when he's like this. Teams respond to that emotion as well.

If we are going to get called for bullshit all night anyway, then what is the difference? Id rather they be passionate penalties than anything else.

15 years later we are not getting the benefit of the doubt. These calls aren't going away.
I remember when mctavish was drafted and Murray said something along the lines that mctavish brings his teammates into the fight. Z is like that but on steroids. And unfortunately he also seems to bring the other team and the refs to the fight too.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
::: sighs ::: our offense tonight came from our PK unit. the lack of offense at ES and on the PP is probably a far bigger concern than Z getting benched b/c we've been lacking offense all season long.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

EXACTLY. It doesn't make a difference. We had 10 PPs against? Our guys take dumb penalties all night every night. They also commit stupid f***ing turnovers all night. But when Z does either one man, he sits. That's it. It's obviously a different standard for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad