GDT: #72 - 03/19/16 | NEW YORK RANGERS @ san jose sharks | 4:00 - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Hank letting in 1 softie in 40-someodd shots after stonewalling multiple back-to-back-to-back A++ chances by the Sharks when the Rangers needed at the very least a single goal either way is inconsequential. He gave the "team" in front of him enough chances and they weren't able to do anything. If he was playing how he was after his hot start, this game would be 7-1 easily. Maybe the rest of the "team" should try showing up for a game once in a while.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Kings go down two goals, dominate play, tie it, and win in OT. Rangers go down a goal, proceed to suck even more.

This is a very regular pattern with us. We pull the goalie and can't enter the zone. The other team pulls their goalie and dominates for three minutes straight.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
E. Staal is hot garbage today. Pretty certain it's because he's playing with Hayes, who has been basically miserable for a long time now.

Not a lot going right for these guys, but it's not like they're doing the things that would you lead you to believe they deserve it.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Why does it have to be dark ages v2? Why can't it just be a bottom out and rebuild?

Because we're stuck with Girardi and Staal for several more years afterwards, and I doubt we'd be able to move them. Either that, or we buy them out, but would still be on the hook for a ton of money.

I don't think it'll be dark ages per se, but it'll be a period of time where we suck majorly, a la the Devils.

SRTtoZ

Apr 3, 2010
New York, NY
Not that I think everything thats gone wrong is AV's fault but like Phil Jackson once said, its easier to fire a coach than fire an entire team. And I'm just not comfortable with a coach who is SO invested in Tanner Glass. I'm sure Tanner is a nice guy in real life, but he's not worth the minutes we give him.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
What's it like to make 5plus million a year and show up to your job and not care. They just wanna board that flight so bad . Total collective quit job

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Because we're stuck with Girardi and Staal for several more years afterwards, and I doubt we'd be able to move them. Either that, or we buy them out, but would still be on the hook for a ton of money.

I don't think it'll be dark ages per se, but it'll be a period of time where we suck majorly, a la the Devils.

We can be the worst team in the league with them. And they'll help keep us above the cap floor.

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Kings go down two goals, dominate play, tie it, and win in OT. Rangers go down a goal, proceed to suck even more.

This. They are a very weak team mentally. They are resting on their laurels from seasons past. I can count on one hand how many players are giving an effort out there.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I think the solution is getting rid of bad hockey players and getting better ones.

I can support bad hockey players who give it everything they've got. I CANNOT support talented hockey players who simply look like they don't give half a ****.

Because name one team that has recently "bottomed out" and became competitive in two years?

The tank strategy is completely ignorant.

The Pittsburgh Penguins.

BarbaraAlphanse

Nash 0 points. Staal 0 points. Girardi and Staal turnover after turnover. Yandle playing the worst hockey of his Rangers career.

AV doesn't seem to care.

The guys that management identified to put this team over the top are anchoring them. Blame the players, but blame the management more for giving them the keys to the Porshe.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I can support bad hockey players who give it everything they've got. I CANNOT support talented hockey players who simply look like they don't give half a ****.

The Pittsburgh Penguins.

That's what today has been. This team is obviously better than this. They just don't give a ****

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Remember when this team could be down a few in the third and you still thought there was a chance they could come back? :laugh:

Good times.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne

Because name one team that has recently "bottomed out" and became competitive in two years?

The tank strategy is completely ignorant.

I cant, but then i never said that would happen so i dont see why you'd bring it up.
The dark ages were us signing over the hill free agents to large contracts in an attemot to make the playoffs. It wasn't about being a bad team, it was about a bad mindset.
I'm not sure the salary cap really allows the Rangers to re-try the dark ages strategy, nor do they likely want to.
Being bad for several years while restocking the farm and bringing new players is very different to the dark ages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad