GDT: #71 | Bruins at Flyers | March 23, 2024 | 1:00 PM | NHL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
Coots 10th in ice time among forwards, Poehling is 1st

Bite me Torts
As a Coots fan, I have to admit objectively he’s having a pretty awful game. Seems deserving of his low ice time. Not sure Poehling should be first, but 🤷‍♂️

Coots had that one nice scoring chance, but other than that, he’s been pretty terrible/bad. Certainly not what I expected to see in his first game back. I thought he’d be a man on fire.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
21 GF vs 28 GA against the top 4 in the East coming into today.
39 GF vs 56 GA against the top 6 in the East coming into today.

NotGreatBob.gif
those numbers look bad!

can you find any other stats vs. the East that might make Flyers look better? like results? or versus Top 8? your choice. just to see if it's possible.

P.S. Edit.

Overall results thus far...worse than I remembered. But some success against many opponents, which was my original optimistic thought. Not getting blown out by everyone, and some wins.

w - l - t - GF- GA
Bos 0 - 2 - 0 7 - 12
Car 1 -2 -0 8 -11
Fla 2 - 0 - 0 4 - 2
NYR 0 -2 -2 2- 5
TB 1 - 2 - 0 9 - 15
Tor 1 - 1 - 1 9 - 13

Last edited:
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
As a Coots fan, I have to admit objectively he’s having a pretty awful game. Seems deserving of his low ice time. Not sure Poehling should be first, but 🤷‍♂️

Coots had that one nice scoring chance, but other than that, he’s been pretty terrible/bad. Certainly not what I expected to see in his first game back. I thought he’d be a man on fire.

His line have had the best possession stats across the board.

100% CF
100% SF
100% xGF

when together aha.

And all 3 with 80+ on each overall.

They did draw a penalty and create two very strong chances... Couts himself almost scoring.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
those numbers look bad!

can you find any other stats vs. the East that might make Flyers look better? like results? or versus Top 8? your choice. just to see if it's possible.

If you include the 5th and 6th place teams, it's going to be tough to look good because of the Tampa and Toronto blowouts.

The big positive indicator that jumps out to me is that they've roundly outplayed the Rangers heads up at 5v5. It's only 2 games, but everything is a small sample when you break it down this far.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Feels like this ends 1-0
Brooklyn Nine Nine Terry Jeffords GIF - Brooklyn Nine Nine Terry Jeffords Why GIFs

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
His line have had the best possession stats across the board.

100% CF
100% SF
100% xGF

when together aha.

And all 3 with 80+ on each overall.

They did draw a penalty and create two very strong chances... Couts himself almost scoring.
The line has been fine. Those stats might even suggest good to very good, but Coots had a couple noticeably awful plays and a made a few horrendous decisions with the puck (especially for someone who usually is so responsible).

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
If you include the 5th and 6th place teams, it's going to be tough to look good because of the Tampa and Toronto blowouts.

The big positive indicator that jumps out to me is that they've roundly outplayed the Rangers heads up at 5v5. It's only 2 games, but everything is a small sample when you break it down this far.
for me as a fan...what I take heart in is the very basic compete level, which has been present vs. the Top 6 in the East. yes, some blow-outs, but those are outliers...competitive games, some wins, some OT losses, Fla results good, good BOS result today would be helpful.

not looking to win the Cup. but the players look to be playoff-ready.

p.s. wow. TK nothing shot. I'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad