Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
CdZwkj5XEAA9V0r.jpg

SAVE 3M A YEAR

BUY OUT THE SHOOTER TUTOR a

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'm down to put him in the AHL and call up Lagace.

Seriously.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Remember Niemi stole us a point in St Louis in the 9 round shootout. We banked another point tonight as well from 2 down in the 3rd.

Resting Kari was a gamble that paid off ok, we can't afford to break him from overuse before the playoffs.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Nill is going to have a busy summer. Needs to unload Niemi and figure out which D to resign or how to replace them.

I think he will move Niemi, and will resign Gogo and Russell

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
Nill is going to have a busy summer. Needs to unload Niemi and figure out which D to resign or how to replace them.

I think he will move Niemi, and will resign Gogo and Russell

I really hope Dallas does not resign Goose. He will get paid like a number 2 and he should not be a number 2 on Dallas. If he takes a slight discount then maybe.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
Remember Niemi stole us a point in St Louis in the 9 round shootout. We banked another point tonight as well from 2 down in the 3rd.

Resting Kari was a gamble that paid off ok, we can't afford to break him from overuse before the playoffs.

How much rest does he need? Only 12 games left in the season and he only has 31 starts this season or about half of what he's been averaging the past two years.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
How much rest does he need? Only 12 games left in the season and he only has 31 starts this season or about half of what he's been averaging the past two years.

Starting 10-ish games in a row can be as bad as starting 50-ish over a season. We've all seen Stars goalies unable to win both back-to-back games, and I wager all goalies struggle to win if they have to start both ends.

An extra day off for Kari when we get a point out of St Louis is nothing to cry over. If you offered me a point from every Niemi start through the end of the season I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
Starting 10-ish games in a row can be as bad as starting 50-ish over a season. We've all seen Stars goalies unable to win both back-to-back games, and I wager all goalies struggle to win if they have to start both ends.

An extra day off for Kari when we get a point out of St Louis is nothing to cry over. If you offered me a point from every Niemi start through the end of the season I'd take it in a heartbeat.

i get why Niemi started today but you're way over exaggerating the affects of playing 10 games in a row. First it was we needed to limit Kari to under 60 games a year so we got Niemi. Now we have to limit Kari to sub 10 game stretches? This in a season he's only played 30 or so games at the 70 game mark? What happening in the playoffs when the participation points are removed? Can we win the cup in 9 games?

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
i get why Niemi started today but you're way over exaggerating the affects of playing 10 games in a row. First it was we needed to limit Kari to under 60 games a year so we got Niemi. Now we have to limit Kari to sub 10 game stretches? This in a season he's only played 30 or so games at the 70 game mark? What happening in the playoffs when the participation points are removed? Can we win the cup in 9 games?

Certain goalies have occasionally had i***** problems involving their g*****. There won't be back-to-backs in the playoffs, but those can exacerbate certain tendencies toward g**** i******* if certain goalies have to play both nights. The Stars are much better off giving certain goalies rest now, and also us not jinxing them with more explicit talking about this, so that their g***** don't explode before the playoffs

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
-3 for Johns tonight. Was it as bad as that looks?

One goal was on niemi and Oduya. Oduya was out of position and caused a 2 on 1. Johns played it well. Niemi gave up a mammoth rebound and Oduya skated past puck. If niemi was just decent the stars would have won game.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
One goal was on niemi and Oduya. Oduya was out of position and caused a 2 on 1. Johns played it well. Niemi gave up a mammoth rebound and Oduya skated past puck. If niemi was just decent the stars would have won game.

Johns was as clumsy as a baby giraffe out there against STL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad