GDT: #70: Pittsburgh Penguins@New Jersey Devils | 7:00 PM ET | Prudential Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
What did I miss that they're getting payback for?

I've just assumed gross incompetence all season long.
Last game..

Supposedly Letang said some bad ****, and others were yapping at them. And Kunitz got ejected for 'shooting' a puck at them.

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
The refs have done this to the Pens ALL YEAR LONG. I've been getting made fun of all year for pointing it out. It started in early NOVEMBER. Its not a recent thing... it has nothing to do with the Penguins blowing up last game. Those poor guys can only take so much of this crap.

I pray this starts getting some attention in the media. These officials need to start losing their jobs. League is losing credibility fast. I'm certainly not spending a dime of my money of this garbage.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa
Pens didn't play a great game, but sometimes I have to wonder if the doom and gloom troop on this board are actually fans. The last two games were pathetic. This was a game against a goalie playing well, refs who refused to call a thing, and we were missing Geno and Horny. Despite that, we controlled play for large stretches and generated a decent number of chances.

I know "1 goal in 3 games" is a fun alarmist narrative, but this game was very unlike the other two.

Uemoda

Formerly OminousGrey
Jun 28, 2011
Pennsylvania
www.twitter.com
Yep. Microcosm of what's wrong with the NHL the last two seasons.

Star players stifled? Creativity nullified? Check.

Inconsistent calling of penalties? Fewer total powerplays? Interference and obstruction let go? Check.

Zero to three goals total scored? Check.

Boring as all hell? Check.

Wake me up when the Dead Puck Redux is over.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
I've never seen officials out to get a team like they are with the Pens, never. Not even when the Canucks were in full diving form and the refs were starting to turn the other way on legit penalties.

pensfansince88

Feb 5, 2012
they almost never call out any players. it's always injuries, hot goalies, refs etc. everyone on root sports sucks

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
You are allowed to score a goal without being on a powerplay. Not sure if anyone on this team knows that.

That wasn't the point. Your initial post took issue with the announcers criticizing the refs. Do you think this game was fairly called or not?

ETA

Aug 8, 2008
I'm getting close to giving up on the NHL at this point. I'd almost rather watch baseball in May...

There are just too many games that are snoozefests like this one was.
The ice is too small, the refs literally bl*w, and there are too many games where skilled players are hooked and interfered into being non-factors.
I'm not just referring to Pens' games -- I used to love watching other teams play and now I'd rather finish my taxes...

And then the playoffs start and, while the stakes are higher, the hooking and ref'ing gets even worse.

I'll be surprised if I'm following hockey much next year...

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
The Detroit game was a breaking point for the Pens. They've been getting the shaft from the officials ALL YEAR LONG. Game after game. Constantly shafted. These weren't a bunch of guys flying off the handle on one game. Its been happening to them all year long. Its ridiculous that this can even happen in a professional sport. Its scandalous really.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
The Refs clearly have something against us at this point. I don't have faith we would have scored on the PP anyway but it doesn't excuse the biased officiating we saw tonight.

This team blows. The offensive juggernaut days seem over. These 3 games are a good example of how Sid and Geno are propping up a lottery team around them. Glad we traded a solid trade chip in Despres for a 30+ year old D-Man and not a young forward that can actually put pucks in the net. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad