7 new players = 7 Goals Against

Armchair_Critic

Jun 14, 2007
Yo Ed,

I was watching the game between the Hurricanes and the Capitals just to check out the loaded Canes in action. All i can say is, everyone looked lost out there. There wasn't any cohesion whatsoever. Nobody it seemed knew the playbook that Paddock has laid out for the Canes. Neidermayer getting a -4 on the night but that was due to his forwards missing assignments and his partner getting out of position too easily. In many ways, this is the game they had to lose. It puts everything into perspective. You may be a team of champions but a champion team. My only hope is that, this lose serves as a wake up call to everyone on the team. Give them a couple of games to get the chemistry together and they should be fine. Although I was disappointed at the result but I'm still optimistic about our chances at giving those Sabres and Panthers a run for their money for the respective titles.

Indifferent Canes Fans

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Yo Ed,

I was watching the game between the Hurricanes and the Capitals just to check out the loaded Canes in action. All i can say is, everyone looked lost out there. There wasn't any cohesion whatsoever. Nobody it seemed knew the playbook that Paddock has laid out for the Canes. Neidermayer getting a -4 on the night but that was due to his forwards missing assignments and his partner getting out of position too easily. In many ways, this is the game they had to lose. It puts everything into perspective. You may be a team of champions but a champion team. My only hope is that, this lose serves as a wake up call to everyone on the team. Give them a couple of games to get the chemistry together and they should be fine. Although I was disappointed at the result but I'm still optimistic about our chances at giving those Sabres and Panthers a run for their money for the respective titles.

Indifferent Canes Fans

This tells you that you cannot buy championship - you can only build championship or maybe not, Blues and Wings are still searching for one:huh:

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Yea, I forgot, the famous Brian Berard trade:thumbu:

I tried to get Berard from Martin but he was obsessed with blueliners for some reason. :dunno: If Berard did join the canes and win the cup, it would have been 3 cups with 3 different teams in 3 seasons with 3 different Australian GMs. :naughty:

*Looks at Martin to put Berard on waivers :) *

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad