7 Game Road Trip

Milan the God*

I've been doubting the team all year so I said 3 games but I think they could get more.

4-2-1. We beat Boston once (WHAT?) and lose to them once. We lose one of the Philly/NJD games. Lose in OT in a game we don't show up in (Buffalo/Tampa/Florida).

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Premise is totally flawed. Road trip is meaningless for making the playoffs. We're way ahead of 9th. We're not missing the playoffs.

Sidebar - is there anyway we can get the whole gif in our avatar? I don't like the abbreviated gif, doesn't do its genius justice.

What if we went 0-7-0, would we still be way ahead of 9th?

jordan7hm

Aug 31, 2007
What if we went 0-7-0, would we still be way ahead of 9th?

Ottawa needs maybe 6 wins the rest of the year to ensure a playoff spot, and may be able to sneak in with less than that.

The road trip is important for positioning, but Ottawa is almost certainly making the playoffs.

kaws

Apr 10, 2010
2-2-4

I'm being pessimistic on this one. We're not that great on the road, but I'm hoping we'll persevere.

I really hope I'm wrong on this one.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Well then, I guess I never put much thought into how "locked" we were for the post season already :P

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
My rule of thumb is if you can avg. one pt. pr road game., you're golden. Gimme seven pts. Right now and I'd take it and run.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Realistically we should win three of those games for sure. I voted 4 because we always seem to steal a game. So I'd say it will go 4-2-1 or 3-2-2.. At leas I'm hoping. A +500 record over this trip is essential to stay at a comfortable spot in the standings.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Going with 4 wins, or 8 points. I think the team is in a better place than the last trip. Lines are meshing better and getting sorted out, Silf and Zibbie playing with huge confidence. The breakout needs to be simplified at tough times in a game, and that is more a road style.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I see us going 2-4-1

I don't think we can keep up at the current pace we've been doing for the last little while. We are bound to lose games eventually.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
5 games. Playoffs here we come! :)

April 2nd: @Boston - WIN.
(2 days off)
April 5th: @Buffalo - WIN.
(1 day off)
April 7th: @Florida - WIN.
(1 day off)
April 9th: @Tampa Bay - LOSS.
(1 day off)
April 11th: @Philadelphia - WIN.
April 12th: @New Jersey
(2 days off)
April 15th: @Boston - LOSS.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
My conservative guess is 3. I don't want to get my hopes up, and will happily be proven wrong if the boys manage to take 4 or more of the 7 potential wins. Especially if the we win vs. the Bruins and Leafs (re: the Cave Men and the Scums).

I think Lehner will probably start 5 of the games, Kassian will have 2 - 3 fights. Florida will be harder to beat than they should, and Tampa will, as always, be dangerous because of their offense.

We could take the full 14 points, but Alfie, Turris, Silfverberg, and Gonchar will all have to step up, and Philips will need to bring his A game, especially against Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad