GDT: #7 - 10/26/16 | bruins @ RANGERS | 8:00 - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

rholt168

Hen-rik!
Mar 30, 2009
Who is worse than Pirri in the defensive zone on this team?

Hayes is in lalaland 90% of the time. Granted he's been better lately, but he still doesn't always know where to be.

I'm just saying he's not far and away the worst player in his own-zone.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I knew our PK was doing better than last year but had no idea it was #2 in the NHL right now
Yeah man. This is just shot attempts but it's still...nice

shotPlot-25-specialTeams-cor.png

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
MH, I specifically listed aspects Girardi is superior to Pirri in, a page or two ago, and Jonathan expanded on my post and elaborated.

The list literally included getting hurt which tells you all you need to know.

Yes, Girardi is better at getting hurt.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
He's never burned anyone in the D-zone.

He's not good defensively and he's not bad. He just exists, largely reflecting what his team is doing in terms of possession, shots against, and chances against.

It's just Karlsson's Law. "He scores so he must be bad at something."

It has nothing to do with this. Absolutely nothing. It has everything to do with the fact that his defensive instincts are utterly awful. He doesn't know who to cover, his outlet passing is poor, his backwards skating is really bad (this really hurts him in the neutral zone), he has zero checking ability, his ability to cover a point man is really bad (I have no idea how he's that bad since that's drilled into a player's head in ****ing ATOM). I can go on from this, too. His defensive play is awful.

I'm not sure why this is so hard for you to admit. The guy is a very good addition for this team. But it sure as **** has nothing to do with his defensive game.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It has nothing to do with this. Absolutely nothing. It has everything to do with the fact that his defensive instincts are utterly awful. He doesn't know who to cover, his outlet passing is poor, his backwards skating is really bad (this really hurts him in the neutral zone), he has zero checking ability, his ability to cover a point man is really bad (I have no idea how he's that bad since that's drilled into a player's head in ****ing ATOM). I can go on from this, too. His defensive play is awful.

I'm not sure why this is so hard for you to admit. The guy is a very good addition for this team. But it sure as **** has nothing to do with his defensive game.

Because it's a bunch of overblown crap as usual. He's a totally whatever, non-consequential defensive player who's being made out to be cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad