GDT: #69 - Stars vs. Sabres at 7 PM ET on MSG-B and WGR

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
The beer league goaltenders I play against don't give me as much open net to look at as Ullmark gave on that last GA. I mean, just wow.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The ONLY justification for not firing Phail right after this game is that Botts wants to lose games to get lottery position.

Reactions: Ralonzo

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
This is the best forum for hockey players only? Where will I go to ***** about the crap team I love hate-watching?

I think what he/she meant, was if you haven’t played at a relatively high level, you can drastically underestimate how much physical intimidation can be effective in hockey.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
this stars team looks very big and very slow, and somehow 2x faster than us. It's remarkable.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Hes been more than fine...his line is easily the best tonight

Looks to me like hes getting his bearings about him, playing cautious/safe

Lets see if that changes down 2
All I see is a soft player who looks just as easy to take the puck from as Mittlestadt or Thompson

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Mitts getting a bit of Sam and mainly Okposo while having deadweight as the other winger must be asking for success with a rookie center.......

I hope you are aware that most fans understand the plight Mittelstadt has had to deal with through the year. We know he’s a rookie. Hes been given a pass pretty consistently. He’s one of the least criticized players in a scoring line position and on the team. I see a lot of praise about his effort than his mistakes.

I feel like he’s been viewed in a positive light by most fans(though I have been one that thinks he should be in Rochester, but that’s not his decision)

This was really the first time there was a criticism of Mitts, and feel it was deservingly so.

Reactions: Fezzy126

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Good news: after tonight we'll be in a 4-way tie for 7th last in the NHL. Considering our pace there's a great chance we draft 6th-7th overall.

Firmly in the Turcotte/Krebs/Dach range.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
All I see is a soft player who looks just as easy to take the puck from as Mittlestadt or Thompson

Its definitely his weakness, but he is a step above those 2 in his all around game for sure

Made a nice turn behind the net and created a ton of space last shift

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Is anyone having flashbacks to when Hank Bullough was coaching the Bills, and the rumor was he was getting canned with another bad loss, and Bruce Smith told the defensive huddle "If I catch one of you mf's making a tackle today ima f'ing KILL you."

I hope this is a true tale, because I giggled thinking about the crazy look Bruce could get sometimes.

I would have run away from the ball carrir every play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad