Prospect Info: #69(nice)OA - Hurricanes select LHD Alexander Nikishin (Spartak - KHL)

The Jerk Store

Felix Unger Score'em
Jul 2, 2012
Hills to the North
Not sure how any of this is pertinent to Nikishin
1699580329564.png

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Abby was far better than Hanna. Abby was a local and I'll never forget her giddyness the night we won against the caps in that double OT with McGinn scoring. That was the cutest shit ever.

I'd much rather have her. Hell I miss her voice in the rink between periods almost as much as I miss Kaiton on the radio.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA

He seems to do an amazing job on the PP of "winding up" for the one-timer, he drifts way back in order to give himself space to really step into a drive as opposed to just standing and waiting for the puck to come to him.

Watch in this replay how he actually steps briefly outside of the offensive zone altogether in order to skate into the impending one-timer.

I'm not smart enough to know if that's an especially smart and aware tendency or if it's just something he takes advantage of at the KHL level that won't be there at the NHL level, but regardless it seems to be a big part of his repertoire.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Abby was far better than Hanna. Abby was a local and I'll never forget her giddyness the night we won against the caps in that double OT with McGinn scoring. That was the cutest shit ever.

I'd much rather have her. Hell I miss her voice in the rink between periods almost as much as I miss Kaiton on the radio.
Abby was more bubbly but I find Hanna asks better questions and in her quiet way, is very professional.

We're lucky to have had both women work with the Canes versus what I see around the League with some folks who are just space fillers.

BadgerCane58

Jul 10, 2023

I agree, I just don’t like Hanna’s voice.

Reactions: Borsig

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
He seems to do an amazing job on the PP of "winding up" for the one-timer, he drifts way back in order to give himself space to really step into a drive as opposed to just standing and waiting for the puck to come to him.

Watch in this replay how he actually steps briefly outside of the offensive zone altogether in order to skate into the impending one-timer.

I'm not smart enough to know if that's an especially smart and aware tendency or if it's just something he takes advantage of at the KHL level that won't be there at the NHL level, but regardless it seems to be a big part of his repertoire.

I just read a piece about how the slap shot is disappearing at the NHL level because players seldom have the time and space anymore, but if there's any case where the slapper still makes sense, seems like it would be a D on the PP. Will be excited to see him try it one day.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
And she was what, 24 at the time? What cool smart well advised activities were you engaged in at 24? Holy shit I'm glad there was no Twitter around 24 year old Hank.
I liked Abby. I like Hanna. And I'm with Hank, thank God there was no Twitter when I was 24....I was involved with bogus, stupid, ill-advised activities regularly....I sometimes even doubled up....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad