Post-Game Talk: #69 | Jets 1 at FLYERS 2 | Sat., Mar. 10, 2018

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Is there a gif of Barf wiping out early in the 2nd?

DXFObrr.gif

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
worried about couturier's offensive game. its fallen off a cliff. he's just not doing the things he did in the first half. looks a step behind every play that TK or G develops for him.

I would bet he is banged up right now. One of the very few practices the team has held lately Couts took a maintenance day.

Scoring aside, he does not look like himself. Also, doesn't he lead the NHL in minutes by a forward this year? That really needs to change for his own well-being.

I would seriously suggest totally taking him off the PP. As I know he is most valuable at ES and PK. Honestly, I would do the same for Provorov as well. These two carry a heavy burden on the team. Lightening those minutes a little seems like it would be pretty helpful for the long haul.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I would bet he is banged up right now. One of the very few practices the team has held lately Couts took a maintenance day.

Scoring aside, he does not look like himself. Also, doesn't he lead the NHL in minutes by a forward this year? That really needs to change for his own well-being.

I would seriously suggest totally taking him off the PP. As I know he is most valuable at ES and PK. Honestly, I would do the same for Provorov as well. These two carry a heavy burden on the team. Lightening those minutes a little seems like it would be pretty helpful for the long haul.

Coots is 3rd in TOI for forwards. Seems to be ramping up lately though. Played 50 minutes in the Pitt/Boston back to back.

Cant take him off PP1 though. There arent any better LH options for the slot.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He shot 17.7% before the all-star break (26G in 49GP). He’s shot 5.6% since then (3G in 20GP). He’s still picking up assists though. He has 14 points in those 20GP.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Couldn't agree with you more about both of them, Stiz.

Reactions: Stizzle

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Cant take him off PP1 though. There arent any better LH options for the slot.

Lindblom. It's a low pressure spot, and Lindblom has some good instincts for the spot.

Though I don't think PP minutes are the kind of minutes that make much of a dent in a player's fatigue level, so I don't see a pressing need to take Couturier out.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Good to see the boys finish the game off and close it out. Not much you can do about that Laine shot. Nobody is stopping that.
I think the TK benching was the right call. Taking all emotion out of it in the hatred twords Hakstol. I listened to most of the rest of the game. Missed the last 5 and change.
Coatsie agreed it was a bad penalty to take.
He was likely still playing with emotion from the 2nd period when he was upset over non penalty calls
He was interviewed in the 2nd intermission and was upset over the no calls saying “ I took matters into my own hands” not sure you want to be saying that actually. Other team gets wind of that and they know they are in his head.
So maybe it was good to sit him for the last 5 minutes or whatever it was. So in case he was still in edge he doesn’t take a retaliatory penalty. Now who takes his shifts, that is another story.
Manning played too much again and Sanheim unfortunately played about what I thought. Guessed 12:01

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
People want to anoint Konecny as the next great thing.
He is still going through growing pains, as is Provorov for that matter.
Konecny gets out of control at times, given he just turned 21 that's not exactly earth shattering.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
PP minutes aren’t particularly taxing. There’s no way Provorov is going to be taken off it entirely.

Reactions: Striiker

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
PP minutes aren’t particularly taxing. There’s no way Provorov is going to be taken off it entirely.
I don't think they'll take him off either but they replaced him with Del Zotto (off all people) at the end of the year last year for some reason.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Deadhead is furious that Konecny has been successful. He wanted him to flop on the top line so bad, that way Hakstols blatent misuse would have been defendable.

Unfortunately he’s a legit top line winger. That must hurt.
Most of this year, since he earned his promotion to the top line, Konecny has been the Flyers' best, most impactful forward at ES. He is just a star in the making.

Taking him off the ice at the end of games is just dumb. Putting Read there vs. Boston meant the Flyers didn't press for the GWG at end of 3rd, played it safe, and got deservedly burned - as Boston HAD their good players on the ice at the end of the game. Vs Jets, putting Voracek with G and Couts meant screwing up the Patrick line too. Just really dumb coaching to break up your lines or D pair at the end of games. Here's your new winger: don't miss any assignments.

Travat

Feb 24, 2018
Good to see the boys finish the game off and close it out. Not much you can do about that Laine shot. Nobody is stopping that.
I think the TK benching was the right call. Taking all emotion out of it in the hatred twords Hakstol. I listened to most of the rest of the game. Missed the last 5 and change.
Coatsie agreed it was a bad penalty to take.
He was likely still playing with emotion from the 2nd period when he was upset over non penalty calls
He was interviewed in the 2nd intermission and was upset over the no calls saying “ I took matters into my own hands” not sure you want to be saying that actually. Other team gets wind of that and they know they are in his head.
So maybe it was good to sit him for the last 5 minutes or whatever it was. So in case he was still in edge he doesn’t take a retaliatory penalty. Now who takes his shifts, that is another story.
Manning played too much again and Sanheim unfortunately played about what I thought. Guessed 12:01
What emotion was TK carrying over from the 2nd? He put his stick in the lane and Ehlers stepped on his blade, I wouldn't call that a carry over of emotion from a period before.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Most of this year, since he earned his promotion to the top line, Konecny has been the Flyers' best, most impactful forward at ES. He is just a star in the making.

Taking him off the ice at the end of games is just dumb. Putting Read there vs. Boston meant the Flyers didn't press for the GWG at end of 3rd, played it safe, and got deservedly burned - as Boston HAD their good players on the ice at the end of the game. Vs Jets, putting Voracek with G and Couts meant screwing up the Patrick line too. Just really dumb coaching to break up your lines or D pair at the end of games. Here's your new winger: don't miss any assignments.
Absolutely, he's a special talent with exactly what we want to see in a young player... speed, skill, and tenacity.

Is he a genius defensive player like Couturier or Patrick? Nope, but he doesn't have to be. He's a scorer, just let him worry about scoring.
Is he a horrible liability that deserves to be benched? Hellllllllllllll no, especially when his replacements are far inferior players. Read? Are you kidding me?

The fact that in the past two games Konecny is playing comparable time to guys like Raffl, Read, Lehtera, or Simmonds is absolutely insane and inexcusable. It hurts the team. No doubt about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00