Post-Game Talk: #69 | Jets 1 at FLYERS 2 | Sat., Mar. 10, 2018

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
What emotion was TK carrying over from the 2nd? He put his stick in the lane and Ehlers stepped on his blade, I wouldn't call that a carry over of emotion from a period before.

I may have put it wrong. But he was clearly agitated and pissed off in the interview. I had no issue with the benching.
Yeah i know Hak has guys he would never bench but in the situation alone it was fine. Better players have been benched by better coaches for taking bad penalties

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I may have put it wrong. But he was clearly agitated and pissed off in the interview. I had no issue with the benching.
Yeah i know Hak has guys he would never bench but in the situation alone it was fine. Better players have been benched by better coaches for taking bad penalties

Of course he was pissed. He just got chewed out further by a moron who holds him to a standard other players aren't held to, after being benched to boot. He'd likely just realized that there is nothing he can do to win over the idiot who runs the team, since his excellent run has obviously bought him nothing.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Let's do the thing in here.

Manning was exploited at the end and damned near iced it to boot. Sanheim blew him away all game.

Hmm. Flyers out shot the Jets 9-8 while protecting a 2 goal lead.
So they certainly suffered playing Manning over Sanheim.
Of course, for aesthetic reasons, the Russian judges only gave them a "3".

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Of course he was pissed. He just got chewed out further by a moron who holds him to a standard other players aren't held to, after being benched to boot. He'd likely just realized that there is nothing he can do to win over the idiot who runs the team, since his excellent run has obviously bought him nothing.

The interview that was referred to was between the 2nd and 3rd periods, where TK was incensed over non-calls.
Then he goes out and wildly swings his stick and gets a tripping penalty that leads to a goal.
Gee, wonder why the HC thought he might be a bit out of control?

One of the attributes of a smart, veteran player is to take numbers and bide one's time.
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
An enraged Konecny loses control, viscously swinging his stick at his opponent. My only complaint is Hakstol didn’t bench him sooner!

IllustriousRecklessKagu-max-1mb.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I dunno, when you're off balance, and swing your stick at a puck that's 3 feet out of reach, I'd say "wildly" is an accurate description.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Did deadhead ever make a prediction one way or the other about Sanhiem's play before this game? Because if he didn't he is a ****ing coward and needs to realize he should be quiet.

I love internet tough guys.

Why do I have to make a prediction? Because some bozo demands that I do?

Let's see how things play out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad