[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2013/2014 REGULAR SEASON
GAME #69 - 03/16/2014

vs
(44-17-7) ____________ (36-28-4)

TIME | 4:00 PM ET ARENA | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | MSG, CSN-CA

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

My game’s coming along. I think whoever our partners are, what we’re doing a good job of is adjusting.
Johnny and I are doing a better job of communicating, finding each other when we need to, supporting each other, and when we’re playing with other guys, it’s going well, too.
- Kevin Klein

There was a lot of action, and they were throwing a lot of pucks from the side and created a lot of rebounds.
They had a couple big guys that are good at getting to rebounds. So I had to be a little bit more aggressive than the way I started the game.
I felt like I had to be a little bit more on my toes, and it was just a mindset. After that second goal, you get a little upset and try to just push yourself to be a little bit better.
I’m happy with the way I responded, and I’m really happy with the way the team responded. It’s such a huge game for us. We needed the points tonight, big time, so I’m happy.
- Henrik Lundqvist

We’re playing in a very tough environment against a very big team, and I thought for the most part we did what we had to on the road to come up with the win.
Obviously that goal at the end of the second period was very big for us, a couple seconds left in the period, and in the third we did what we had to do to protect the lead and get the two points.
Our guys did a real good job of getting in lanes and blocking the shots that needed to be blocked, and that’s part of having good penalty killing. Winnipeg spent a lot of time in our zone.
I thought for the most part we did a pretty good job of keeping them on the outside, but our goaltender had to make some good saves and he did at the right time.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="SAN JOSE SHARKS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 68 | GF | 213
W | 44 | GA | 165
L | 17 | GF/G | 2.98
OTL | 7 | GA/G | 2.35
Pts | 95 | PIM/G | 9.4
HOME | 25-4-4 | PP% | 16.0
AWAY | 19-13-3 | PK% | 84.4
STREAK | W5 | FO% | 52.9

Division | 2nd
Conference | 3rd
League | 4th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Joe Pavelski | 34 Assists | Joe Thornton | 55 Points | Joe Pavelski | 66 + / - | Marc Vlasic | +30 Shots | Patrick Marleau | 240 Hits | Tommy Wingels | 170 Blocks | Marc Vlasic | 125 PIM | Andrew Desjardins | 84 FO% | Joe Pavelski | 56.3 TOI/G F: | Patrick Marleau | 20:35 TOI/G D: | Boyle, Braun | 21:15

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Joe Pavelski | Joe Thornton (C) | Brent Burns
Patrick Marleau (A) | Logan Couture | Matthew Nieto
Martin Havlat | James Sheppard | Tommy Wingels
Adam Burish | Andrew Desjardins | Mike Brown

LD | RD
Marc Vlasic | Jason Demers
Scott Hannan | Justin Braun
Matt Irwin | Dan Boyle (A)

Scratched
Raffi Torres|
Bracken Kearns|
Matt Tennyson|

STARTING GOALIE:

goalietba.png

TBA

GPI: 0 | W: 0 | L: 0 | OT: 0
SV% .000 | GAA: 0.00 | SO: 0 | Pts: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Brad Stuart | Upper body (IR)
Tomas Hertl | Knee (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 68 | GF | 177
W | 36 | GA | 169
L | 28 | GF/G | 2.54
OTL | 4 | GA/G | 2.46
Pts | 76 | PIM/G | 10.2
HOME | 16-15-4 | PP% | 19.6
AWAY | 20-13-0 | PK% | 84.6
STREAK | W1 | FO% | 49.2

Division | 3rd
Conference | 7th
League | 14th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Rick Nash | 20 Assists | Derek Stepan | 34 Points | Richards, Stepan | 46 + / - | Chris Kreider | +12 Shots | Brad Richards | 214 Hits | Dan Girardi | 166 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 150 PIM | Derek Dorsett | 105 FO% | Dominic Moore | 54.7 TOI/G F: | Martin St. Louis | 19:15 TOI/G D: | Ryan McDonagh | 24:39

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Chris Kreider | Derek Stepan | Rick Nash
Mats Zuccarello | Derick Brassard | Martin St. Louis
Carl Hagelin | Brad Richards (A) | Benoit Pouliot
Brian Boyle | Dominic Moore | Dan Carcillo

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh | Dan Girardi (A)
Marc Staal (A) | Kevin Klein
John Moore | Anton Stralman

Scratched
Derek Dorsett|
Raphael Diaz|
Justin Falk|
Ryan Haggerty|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik2.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 51 | W: 25 | L: 21 | OT: 4
SV% .916 | GAA: 2.50 | SO: 4 | Pts: 3

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

|

[/FIELDSET]

z6f5.png

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
I still have nightmares from the early season game. 9-2 loss + Nash concussion. I thought the season was over already. Time for redemption.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Expecting a loss. The Sharks have been on a roll and the Rangers on a downward spiral lately.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
This going to be uggggly!

Sadly, I'll be out one a run ad so will miss the bloodbath. Thank god for replays...

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Liverpool vs ManU is on at 2:30pm local time here in Austria. Then I head to a hockey game of the local club at 5pm, then I head home and at 10pm its Rangers-Sharks. My girlfriend's gonna love me.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
anyway, not expecting much here. We're facing a team that's plain and simple better than us. Perhaps they'll already have their heads in the airplane. LGR.

Bingeling

Jan 11, 2011
Liverpool vs ManU is on at 2:30pm local time here in Austria. Then I head to a hockey game of the local club at 5pm, then I head home and at 10pm its Rangers-Sharks. My girlfriend's gonna love me.
I am quite sure the game is at 9pm (CET). It is 5 hours off due to the US having shifted to DST already.

I doubt that helps much with the last part, though.

nikonsniper*

It's depressing looking at the team leading scorer list, then seeing the other teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad