GDT: #69 ⋅ MIN @ ANA ⋅ 7:00 PM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
ESPN just ragged on our org for like two minutes straight. deservedly so too.

But I don't agree with Bucci about the youth need to produce at this level when they get here. There's gonna be seasoning needed and it might take a couple of years with a team comprised mostly of youths, where the youths are were all the top talents lay within.
yeah, not every rookie is going to put up mcdavid or matthews numbers in year 1

look at how long it took terry to become a 30 goal scorer

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

Hate Greg’s response to that last question

Lol.. ‘it’s up to them to figure it out’

Cronin - you were hired as someone who can motivate and (apparently) get the ‘most’ out of your players. Why are you throwing the guys under the bus? Total disconnect from what Verbeek is saying (proud of the ‘hard work’ he’s seen :help:)

We as fans have been sold a bill of goods. I don’t understand how people can vouch for this guy lmao.

MCB

Jun 21, 2019
I went mostly for the blanket and they didn't even give me one. Then I had to watch that dumpster fire. That was a fantastic last live game of the season for me.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
We should just hold him out until he's 30. Then he'll be super healthy!

That's a huge leap to something no one is proposing... i.e. a logical fallacy.

We are not trying to make the playoffs this season. It's a development season. Playing through injury as a barely turned 21-year old in his 2nd season in the NHL is short-sighted. He hasn't looked good since his first injury.

Here's a breakdown of Mac's season so far.

McTavish2023-24
Game SetDateGamesGAPtspts/G+/-Comment
TotalSchedule
57​
17​
23​
40​
0.70​
-21​
1 to 20Oct 14 - Nov 24
20​
10​
11​
21​
1.05​
-2​
21 to 24Nov 26 - Dec 2
4​
0​
0​
0​
0.00​
-7​
Played through injury (back)
InjuredDec 3 - Dec 20missed 7 games (back)
24 to 43Dec 21 - Jan 31
19​
3​
7​
10​
0.53​
-8​
InjuredFeb 1 - Feb 12All-star break, missed 1 game
44 to 52Feb 13 - Mar 1
9​
4​
5​
9​
1.00​
0​
looked like shit on ice though
InjuredMar 2 - Mar 7missed 2 games (boot)
53 to 56Mar 8 - Mar 14
4​
0​
0​
0​
0.00​
-3​
injuredMar 15 - Mar18missed 2 games
57​
Mar 19 -
1​
0​
0​
0​
0.00​
-1​

Mac has had four different times he's been injured this season. We want to prevent Mac from being made out of glass out of our own doing via playing through injury.

It's not Mac' job to play hurt and carry the team. It's the GM's job to acquire talent and talent depth to not put players in a position to play through injuries during the regular season, especially in a development season.

I love the fact that Mac is willing to play through injury, but someone smart in mgmt has to tell Mac, "Whoa. We love your attitude, but there's a long game we want from you. We want to win the war, not meaningless battles."

That same someone smart should also tell our GM, "Maybe we should look at the long term picture here instead of using platitudes of developing the right culture by playing through injuries. You're gambling our future for style points."

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Lol.. ‘it’s up to them to figure it out’

Cronin - you were hired as someone who can motivate and (apparently) get the ‘most’ out of your players. Why are you throwing the guys under the bus? Total disconnect from what Verbeek is saying (proud of the ‘hard work’ he’s seen :help:)

We as fans have been sold a bill of goods. I don’t understand how people can vouch for this guy lmao.

Cronin's been like this for a while now in his post-game interviews and Verbeek has backed him 100% b/c they're cut from the same cloth.

Eakins is looking better the more games are played under Cronin this year.

• Record after 69 games
    • Last season: 23-36-10 (56 pts) (source)
    • This season: 23-43-3 (49 pts)

• Offense Shutout on Scoreboard
    • Last season: 5 times in 82 games
    • This season: 9 times in 69 games

• Times Short-Handed (TSH)
    • Last season: 280 times in 82 games (source)
    • This season: 280 times in 69 games

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
That interview isn’t good. I don’t think Cronin really has a clue of what to do or change right now. For a supposed “development” coach, he looks like a deer in the headlights. No real answers other than they got to figure it out?

The longer this has gone on, the more I understand why this is his first NHL head coaching gig.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That interview isn’t good. I don’t think Cronin really has a clue of what to do or change right now. For a supposed “development” coach, he looks like a deer in the headlights. No real answers other than they got to figure it out?

The longer this has gone on, the more I understand why this is his first NHL head coaching gig.
I expected more from him, maybe not so much in terms of record but in terms of leadership/mentorship and development.

It’s also concerning to me that no one has called for player only type meetings or anything…. I woulda expected fowler to be that guy as he was here with Perry getzlaf Kesler etc…. But I get the feeling he’s content with his posistion and losing isn’t that big of a deal to him

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

Don’t worry, the GM thinks they are doing just fine lmao

Reactions: KelVarnsen

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary

It's definitely not a good look for an interview, hopefully he's just kind of saying that out of frustration after the game and i doubt he wants to be having to answer questions after yet another performance like that. Still not a great look and could provide a window into his attitude, probably not a great stance to have as a developmental coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad