1. Tippett
  2. Hayes
  3. DeAngelo
giphy.gif

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
One of the wildest things about Fletcher’s tenure is that the Giroux trade may go down as the best of his career, and definitely the best one with the Flyers. And he had zero leverage whatsoever. When you rebuild, at some point you gotta get lucky.

Reactions: sregdoor

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
One of the wildest things about Fletcher’s tenure is that the Giroux trade may go down as the best of his career, and definitely the best one with the Flyers. And he had zero leverage whatsoever. When you rebuild, at some point you gotta get lucky.

Yup. I likened it earlier to potentially Rick Tocchet being drafted by Bob McCammon. Think about Derrick Smith, Pelle Eklund and Peter Zezel and arguably the best draft in team history was conducted under McCammon's tutelage.

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yup. I likened it earlier to potentially Rick Tocchet being drafted by Bob McCammon. Think about Derrick Smith, Pelle Eklund and Peter Zezel and arguably the best draft in team history was conducted under McCammon's tutelage.
Mike O’Connell, when he was GM for the Bruins, I think they had a 3-way goaltender situation on the table, he re-signed Tim Thomas, which a lot of folks here found strange. Like a week later he got fired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad