Post-Game Talk: #68 | Maple Leafs at FLYERS | Saturday, Apr. 2, 2022 | 7:00 pm ET | CBC, SNO, SNP, NBCSP

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I rather have Nate Thompson on the team who actually tries and puts his body on the line than Keith Yandle who avoids any body contact in fear of getting hurt.

Reactions: phil162888

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
If the man was the type of professional that he’s portrayed as he would have taken himself out of the lineup months ago.

Since he did not I’m going to assume that he’s a giant POS instead.

It’s pathetic.

JFC, if Yandle "helped this team a lot this year", how bad would we be without him? Dead last instead of third to last? Give your head a shake you mutt.

Yandle did nothing but hurt this team on the ice (funny that I said butthurt there since that's what this is). If his value is off-ice, sign him up to be an assistant coach or Gritty #2. (No, don't really do those things Chuck you numbskull)

giphy.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
If the man was the type of professional that he’s portrayed as he would have taken himself out of the lineup months ago.

Since he did not I’m going to assume that he’s a giant POS instead.

It’s pathetic.

This is one stupid motherf***er, but hopefully this is the impetus we need for him to ask for a way out.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
There are two possibilities with Yandle. One, he truly thinks he is playing at a level that helps the team, in which case he is too f***ing stupid to be anywhere near the young guys and teaching them how to play the game. Or two, he knows hes garbage yet still wants to be in the lineup (and has his buddies campaign for him), in which case he is an incredibly selfish teammate that you shouldn't want anywhere near the young guys teaching them how to play the game.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I rather have Nate Thompson on the team who actually tries and puts his body on the line than Keith Yandle who avoids any body contact in fear of getting hurt.

It's like preferring to be stabbed in the right eye instead of the left, ideally we shouldn't be getting stabbed in the eyes at all. And with halfway competent management we could have avoided occular assault

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Fletcher has really built a wonderful culture with this retool of his.

Exactly this, how can any of the current young players be judged when they don't have any true leadership or skill left on the club to help shelter and bring these players along....I guess we wait for our next 'Lindros' to come around...

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Provorov was absolutely amazing tonight.... he's been noticeably better with York lately. The kids on defense were good in the first 2 periods kind of faltered in the 3rd (especially Attard). Leafs got lucky early (couple lucky bounces), Flyers break downs and Hart inability to make a big save in the 3rd were the reasons for the loss..... heh I don't think anyone on here would've been surprised at a 6-3 Leaf win before the game.....fact that Flyers deserved much better fate (maybe 1 goal loss or OT) with the rags they put on the ice is the surprising piece.....F Yandle.... Mac looked tired in that fight (curious if he was at the end of a long shift). Simmonds can go f*** himself....As long as he's a Leaf I could give a rats ass about him! Frost continues to play better but with no results....Tippett didn't do much....Where is Allison? Bring the kid up for f*** sakes

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
You can have that opinion, but you just dismissed the greatness of Mark Howe and the number one indicator of his superiority as the best defenseman in team history.
What if Howe had been on a considerably worse Flyers team? What if he had been backed by bad goaltending? If those things had negatively effected his +/- would that have made him less of a player?

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
It's like preferring to be stabbed in the right eye instead of the left, ideally we shouldn't be getting stabbed in the eyes at all. And with halfway competent management we could have avoided occular assault

Beef, we don't have a choice. It's one or the other. My left is my good side, so right eye it is. And besides, that other team once poked itself in the eye, which is the exact same thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad