GDT: #68|It's a Gold Day for Hockey|Bruins@Penguins|2-14-15|1:00PM ET|CEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

roquay

Aug 9, 2012
Victoria
What is it now? 1 goal in 19 games? And, lest anyone forget, that 1 goal was that tap in where Malkin and Comeau did all the work and Kunitz won a race to tap the puck sitting right in front of the net with the goalie out of the crease.

Who will score a goal first Scuderi or Kunitz?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Pretty sure Geno was limping off after he left initially in the first. Could be wrong, but it looked like a limp to me.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Pens start the game thinking Sid and Geno are going to play. In 1:29 both players are out.

Give the Pens some ****ing credit. That SHOULD have been a blow out. We actually took it to them and couldn't finish. Winnik off the post. Another post later in the game. A few great chances in deep. Kunitz tap in.

I mean seriously. Good hockey game. Be proud of what they brought.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
What is it now? 1 goal in 19 games? And, lest anyone forget, that 1 goal was that tap in where Malkin and Comeau did all the work and Kunitz won a race to tap the puck sitting right in front of the net with the goalie out of the crease.

That's a really, really scary statistic when you take into consideration the follow:

1) He plays with either one of the best centermen in the game

2) He plays close to 20 minutes per game

3) He plays on the top PP.

You don't need any kind of fancy analytics in order to see just how bad a player has become when those facts are looking you right in the face.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
The most laughable part of the final minute was Martin's shot.
Juuuuuuustttt a bit outside there champ.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Pens start the game thinking Sid and Geno are going to play. In 1:29 both players are out.

Give the Pens some ****ing credit. That SHOULD have been a blow out. We actually took it to them and couldn't finish. Winnik off the post. Another post later in the game. A few great chances in deep. Kunitz tap in.

Now this I agree with.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
just checked the score board for the flyers/red wings game... what? the red wings let in 7 goals?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
What!! C'mon now...

I'll just keep being right about all my hockey assessments and you can just challenge away. Just like people said I was crazy when I said our 08-09 team could win the Cup w/ the roster they had. Just like I said DB's change of the defensive system would haunt us.

I'll go with my assessment on this one.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
One qualm. Chris Kunitz.

I was going to say. The guy is pretty much mojo-free at this point. I wasn't ready to jump on the band wagon earlier this year but he is not close to being the same player anymore. Maybe it's off-ice stuff / family stuff, maybe his body has just started to slow down after the type of game he's plaid all those years. But it's time to put a wrap on that chapter this summer. Him, Scuderi, Adams. Get them the F out of here. All non-essential remnants of "The Blysma Glory Years" need to be gone.

Quatro Quatro

May 29, 2014
The Bruins definitely aren't the big bad Bruins that they used to be. This game was really encouraging.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008

I'm with you. With Sid's mystery ailment and Geno getting injured on his first (?) shift, pretty easy to imagine this team just rolling over and getting destroyed. All things considered, this was a fine game.

Now, let's hope Sid and Geno don't miss significant time (we know they will).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad