[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2013/2014 REGULAR SEASON
GAME #68 - 03/14/2014

vs
(35-28-4) ____________ (30-28-9)

TIME | 8:00 PM ET ARENA | MTS CENTRE - WINNIPEG, MB TV | MSG, TSN-JETS

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; WPG@NYR 12/2/13 - NHL.com - Rangers.com - Jets.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN.com - TSN.ca

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

MARCH SCHEDULE:

marchschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

It was a really frustrating night. We just couldn't find a way. It was a nightmare.
- Derick Brassard

It's unacceptable. When the puck is there, the wingers have to crash down and everyone has to take a guy.
I think we were out of position and they capitalized. Cam made the first two or three saves, but we can't expect him to make all of them. We need to be better.
- Rick Astley

We're not scoring a lot of goals 5-on-5. I thought our effort was better tonight, our execution was a little bit better but we need to finish more and obviously that wasn't the case tonight.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="WINNIPEG JETS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 67 | GF | 184
W | 30 | GA | 195
L | 28 | GF/G | 2.66
OTL | 9 | GA/G | 2.82
Pts | 69 | PIM/G | 12.2
HOME | 15-13-6 | PP% | 14.8
AWAY | 15-15-3 | PK% | 84.6
STREAK | OT2 | FO% | 46.3

Division | 6th
Conference | 11th
League | 22nd

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Blake Wheeler | 23 Assists | Bryan Little | 33 Points | Bryan Little | 53 + / - | Mark Scheifele | +9 Shots | Dustin Byfuglien | 226 Hits | Mark Stuart | 179 Blocks | Mark Stuart | 131 PIM | Mark Stuart | 81 FO% | Bryan Little | 46.8 TOI/G F: | Evander Kane | 20:37 TOI/G D: | Tobias Enstrom | 24:05

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Andrew Ladd (C) | Bryan Little | Michael Frolik
Evander Kane | Olli Jokinen (A) | Devin Setoguchi
Dustin Byfuglien | Jim Slater | Blake Wheeler
Chris Thorburn | Eric O'Dell | Anthony Peluso

LD | RD
Zach Bogosian | Tobias Enstrom
Mark Stuart (A) | Jacob Trouba
Adam Pardy | Keaton Ellerby

Scratched
Eric Tangradi|
Paul Postma|
Matt Halischuk|

STARTING GOALIE:

PavelecOndraj1.png

Ondrej Pavelec

GPI: 51 | W: 20 | L: 24 | OT: 6
SV% .903 | GAA: 2.95 | SO: 1 | Pts: 2

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

John Albert | Upper body (DTD)
Mark Scheifele | MCL (IR)
James Wright | Sprained ankle (IR)
Grant Clitsome | Back (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 67 | GF | 173
W | 35 | GA | 167
L | 28 | GF/G | 2.52
OTL | 4 | GA/G | 2.46
Pts | 74 | PIM/G | 10.2
HOME | 16-15-4 | PP% | 19.9
AWAY | 19-13-0 | PK% | 84.3
STREAK | L2 | FO% | 49.3

Division | 3rd
Conference | 7th
League | 15th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Rick Nash | 20 Assists | Derek Stepan | 33 Points | Rich, Step, Zuccarello | 45 + / - | Chris Kreider | +11 Shots | Brad Richards | 213 Hits | Dan Girardi | 164 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 144 PIM | Derek Dorsett | 105 FO% | Dominic Moore | 54.8 TOI/G F: | Martin St. Louis | 19:21 TOI/G D: | Ryan McDonagh | 24:37

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Chris Kreider | Derek Stepan | Rick Nash
Mats Zuccarello | Derick Brassard | Martin St. Louis
Carl Hagelin | Brad Richards (A) | Benoit Pouliot
Brian Boyle | Dominic Moore | Dan Carcillo

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh | Dan Girardi (A)
Marc Staal (A) | Anton Stralman
John Moore | Kevin Klein

Scratched
Derek Dorsett|
Raphael Diaz|
Justin Falk|
Ryan Haggerty|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik2.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 50 | W: 24 | L: 21 | OT: 4
SV% .916 | GAA: 2.51 | SO: 4 | Pts: 3

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

|

[/FIELDSET]

z6f5.png

Last edited:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Wow, I didn't realize Little was having this good of a season production wise.

SirGoose

honk honk
Jan 11, 2009
golf course
It'd be nice to see a big shake up this game.

MZA-Brassard-MSL
Kreider-Stepan-Hagelin
Richards-Miller-Nash
Boyle/Pouliot-Moore-Boyle/Pouliot

MZA and MSL have flashes of brilliance whenever they've been on the ice together and Brassard has one of, if not the best arsenal of shots on the team. MSL needs some talent and guys who can get shifty with the puck. Stepan plays well with both Kreider and Hagelin, and I've been dying to see what the two can do together. Miller is more than ready to stay up with the big club and would provide us with our only other speedy center besides Moore. Developing some chemistry with Nash at this point in Miller's career could open up a lot of options for the team both now and down the road as well as having two good mentors on his line to bring him along. Pouliot gets PP duty and gives us an even more talented 4th line that gets a lot of chances around the net, where Pouliot should be planted already.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Dorsett should be back in because they lost with Carcillo! Carcillo is a scrub! Trade him for a draft pick, Dorsett is better for that role! OMG chemistry! Why did you mess with the lines AV? Dorsett knows his role, he's better at that role even if he sucks!

Facts are facts, amirite!? :sarcasm:

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
So if MSL doesn't get 5 points tonight, we officially lost the trade. Cally is a PPG player in Tampa.

Cally>>>>>>>MSL AINEC

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Uh-oh, they're playing a terrible goaltender against us. WPG shutout win incoming.

No, seriously, any game against Ondrej Pavelec is a winnable game. I'm also gonna make a prediction here: The Rangers win this game and they make the playoffs. They lose it in regulation and they don't.

Would like to see:
Kreider-Stepan-MSL
Pouliot-Brassard-MZA
Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett/Carcillo

SKS

Jan 17, 2011
San Francisco
Uh-oh, they're playing a terrible goaltender against us. WPG shutout win incoming.

No, seriously, any game against Ondrej Pavelec is a winnable game. I'm also gonna make a prediction here: The Rangers win this game and they make the playoffs. They lose it in regulation and they don't.

Would like to see:
Kreider-Stepan-MSL
Pouliot-Brassard-MZA
Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett/Carcillo

i just dont get why so many seems to think pou brass zucc must stay together. pou and brass have looked lost this season without zucc (exception is one game with miller where they performed very well).
he seems to be carrying those guys on his back, and yet they only convert on 1 out of every 6-7 great chances he sets up for them.
He makes people better, simple as that - just like he did with kreids, step when playing with them.
I understand having three good scoring lines is great, but we dont have that. our 1 and 2 lines are extremely inconsistent and disappears for huge stretches of time. Isnt it much more important to get those guys going regularly?

Zucc - Step - Nash
Kreider - Rich - MSL
Hags - Brass - Pou (if RW doesnt work for this line, Hags, Brass, Miller with pou on 4th)

shoves

Free orangejuice?
Nov 29, 2011
MZA - Step - MSL
Hagelin - Richards - Nash
Kreider - Brassard - Taco
Cillo/Dorsett(same****differenttoilet) - Moore - Boyle

I would love to see these lines. MZA and MSL has been dangerous those few minutes theyve played together. We have to try something anyway.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
I want the Kreidrello-line back! It´s time AV.

Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
MSL-Richards/Brass-Nash
Hagelin-Brass/Richards-Poo

Vickers8

Another 2 pts. to be squandered tonight, over/under on Ranger goals tonight is 1/1.5

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Just realized that Hank can tie Richter today. Can win his 301st game.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Too bad Winnipeg always whoops us.

Gotta pull out of this tailspin soon or all we will be hearing is "At least the 2nd stays a 2nd and doesn't become a 1st"

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
IT starts and ends with the big guys. Other than a few hiccups the defense and goaltending has been fine. Guys like Nash, St. Louis, Richards, Hagelin, Stepan, Brassard, etc have to step up their game. Especially Nash and St. Louis. They are the two top forwards on this team.

I can't believe they are still having trouble scoring after the addition of St. Louis. The lines may be deeper on this squad then any in the past several years. Hopefully itll start clicking tonight because they really cant afford another reg loss.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Consider me against putting MZA on the LW. He's looked great this season at RW, let's keep him there. MSL should be able to get himself going. He's good enough to do that.

Kreider - Stepan - MSL
Hagelin - Richards - Nash
Poop - Brass - MZA
DD - Moore - Boyle

Time to get Richie away from MSL, I think.

PP1:

Kreider/Haggerty :naughty: - Richie - MSL (running half-boards)
McD - Zuccs

PP2:

Pouliot - Brassard - Stepan (running half-boards)
Girardi (barf.jpg) - Moore

What I'd do to have a real cannon on this team from the point.

SKS

Jan 17, 2011
San Francisco
Consider me against putting MZA on the LW. He's looked great this season at RW, let's keep him there. MSL should be able to get himself going. He's good enough to do that.

he's been juggled several times as a Ranger without noticing a difference. He looks great, period. Lets utilize him

Punxrocknyc19*

i dunno what to think about this one..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad