67th Overall - Alec Regula

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
wanted this guy

seems like a late bloomer type that was in Bouchard's shadow a bit,wouldn't be surprised to see his production explode next year if Bouchard makes the NHL

shanman

Jun 23, 2018
seems to be one of the later picks that could work out well. Hopefully we get these guys into system right as guys like hronek and cholo are coming into the wings.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He reminds me of Jordan Sambrook, hopefully he has more room for improvement.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Alec Regula: 67th Pick by the Detroit Red Wings
Excellent pick by the Red Wings
Brock Otten OHL Scout
'Sleeper Pick'
Agree.

t9w6tuKF_bigger.jpg
OHL Prospects‏ @BrockOtten 22h22 hours ago

The Wings take one of my favourite "sleepers" I identified earlier.
Alec Regula is a project.
But is a defender who could be an impact player down the line
if everything comes together.
Size, skating ability and skill on the back-end.
Still learning the game.

Reactions: TheMule93

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Love the upside and hopefully Bouchard makes it to the show to give Regula more ice time. Crowned by many to be a sleeper and went around expected.

shanman

Jun 23, 2018
from what i see in regula and mcisaac is them added good defensive dmen who can skate well. Like to see that idea and perhaps they envision pairing those two with hronek and cholo. Would be a smart move and would be very excited to see such complimentary players forming tandems that would make our current d crops something we look back and laugh on.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Wonder if the Wings are making calls trying to orchestrate a trade or if he just plays on his off side the rest of the season?

I don't know. He'd be paired with either Boqvist or Bouchard, so he'd have a quality partner. But those guys are still going to eat special teams time, too, and I don't know how London will run their PP - if they would still want Regula on it or if they go with four forwards or whatever. My first thought is that I'd be pushing for a deal where he can go and be top4 D on the right side.

A Few Good Males

Apr 15, 2018
Detroit, MI
Saginaw could be a good fit. Could see him on a pair with Bode Wilde - both are RHD but Regula played on the left side all last year with Bouchard. Someone in the Wings' front office - I wanna say Draper - is also part of the Spirit from office in some capacity, so the connections are there.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Saginaw could be a good fit. Could see him on a pair with Bode Wilde - both are RHD but Regula played on the left side all last year with Bouchard. Someone in the Wings' front office - I wanna say Draper - is also part of the Spirit from office in some capacity, so the connections are there.
Osgood & Develano are partners (part owners)

Reactions: A Few Good Males

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
For his development, they may not want him playing 3rd pair RD or playing on his off side all season so they might use some influence they have to get him to another team that would provide a better opportunity. Nothing concrete, just thinking out loud.
He isn’t playing 3rd pair..in fact he played with Bouchard last year a lot

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
He isn’t playing 3rd pair..in fact he played with Bouchard last year a lot

Yeah but the knights added Boqvist this offseason who is a righty and just got Bouchard back who is a righty. Hes not going to play a lot of situatiions over those 2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad