GDT: #67 - SABRES at MAPLE LEAFS – WED MAR 11 @ 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, SN – WGR

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
:sabres vs. :leafs

SABRES (19-42-5) at MAPLE LEAFS (26-35-6)

NHL.com Game Preview: Sabres, nursing injuries on defense, face Maple Leafs
[NHL]775856[/NHL]

Season series: The Toronto Maple Leafs and Buffalo Sabres have split their two games this season, each team winning at home by four goals. Forwards Phil Kessel and Tyler Bozak each had a goal and an assist in a 4-0 Toronto win at Air Canada Centre on Oct. 28, and Zemgus Girgensons scored twice in a 6-2 Buffalo win at First Niagara Center on Nov. 15.

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview: 3/11/15 at TOR
TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
3/5: Recalled F Mikhail Grigorenko from Rochester (AHL)
3/6: Recalled G Andrey Makarov from Rochester (AHL)
3/7: Recalled G Matt Hackett from Rochester (AHL); Assigned F Mikhail Grigorenko and G Andrey Makarov to Rochester (AHL)

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at MAPLE LEAFS

This is the third of four meetings between the Sabres and Maple Leafs this season.
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Toronto, 6-2, in Buffalo on Nov. 15
Next meeting: Wednesday, April 1 in Buffalo
The Sabres are 4-3-3 in their last 10 games vs. the Maple Leafs; 1-7-2 on the road
This is the 196th game all-time between Buffalo and Toronto; Buffalo has a 107-63-25 series record.
The Sabres are 42-38-17 on the road against the Maple Leafs all-time.

Last edited:

Clock

May 13, 2006
I suspect a win. The Sabres, uh... find a way. Against the Leafs.

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
Easy win, hope no players get injured by leaf fans throwing refuse at them. Beer bottles, food and worst of all maybe a leaf jersey or two.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Would it be wrong of us to start Irbe in net?

I guess Matt Hackett, Tank Commander is just as good.

4 point cushion on Edmonton, 7 points on Arizona. Just lose.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY

I know the Leafs are trying to lose and all but they still have quite a few NHL Caliber players. Kessel, JVR, Kadri is back, Phaneuf, Bernier. Them doing so bad this year is surprising. I think they are a better team than they have been playing the 2nd half of the year. I think they pot 3-5 goals against Hackett if he starts.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Absolutely, been at FNC and ACC enough to pretty much see the Sabres rope the leafs to a pipe in the basement and dominate them.

Shmuffalo

Brad May's Stand In
Feb 13, 2008
New York

I could start. I'm may not be very tall, but I'm slow.

original.jpg

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Hoping for a win tank or not...its the freckin leafs.
Honestly Im hoping for a good hard fought blood bath, in the past these teams have fought to finish higher than eachother, lets turn the tables and fight to finish lower lol. Hoping Des lifts someones face with his fist. Would like to see a fiesty Schaller too. Still waiting on a good Zadorov tilt...anything to make this pathetic team slightly entertaining for me...

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Buffalo's good against the Leafs, yes, but at home. On the road, Toronto's been winning those matchups lately. As the OP mentions, Buffalo's 1-7-2 in their last 10 against Toronto. Predicting Buffalo wins because they're "good against the Leafs" requires you to ignore the home/road splits.

Petes999

Mar 4, 2015
We will lose 2-1. No way should we even be in this game though. Leading scorer out. Toronto have 6 players with 10+ goals, 100+ goals combined for just those 6. Our whole team can't even match that (70 goals maybe with Girgs out). Defense thin even with Bogo back as he will be rotating in/out from tweet above. And, we have Lindback. Toronto lost 4-3 against NYI with Neuvirth. Add in a worse goalie and no offense, and it shouldn't even be 2-1 loss.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
We will lose 2-1. No way should we even be in this game though. Leading scorer out. Toronto have 6 players with 10+ goals, 100+ goals combined for just those 6. Our whole team can't even match that (70 goals maybe with Girgs out). Defense thin even with Bogo back as he will be rotating in/out from tweet above. And, we have Lindback. Toronto lost 4-3 against NYI with Neuvirth. Add in a worse goalie and no offense, and it shouldn't even be 2-1 loss.

The tweet above implies that one of Benoit and Meszaros will be scratched, the other plays with Bogosian.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
The video guy from Sabres.com has become my enemy. All season long, every interview begins with a quick zoom in and zoom out. Usually of the players or coaches mouth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad