Post-Game Talk: #67| FLYERS at Devils | Sun., Mar. 8, 2015|

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
i know you guys love couturier and its true we sell out on players to early...i just don't see the flashes...he is young lets hope for the best...i am just not going to agree...still a frustrating game...for all of us... sometimes its ok to agree to disagree...

You clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

First you're ridiculous Giroux whining and now this, just give up because you're lost. It's not a difference of opinion where you can agree to disagree, you're wrong about both and you're making it clear you're not in touch with reality.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
and where does that take us... production counts...he plays big against talented players and can't show up against poor teams...where was he yesterday with the turn over...excuses

So you are ready to hang him from the gallows based on the two meaningless games?
I bet you have a place for G next to him

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Costly turn overs...statistically from an nhl stand point insignificant...coots is insignificant...never will be...time will tell...be glad if he proves me wrong so far...im right on...

So glad you took the time to look up all those Appleyard posts that we recommended for you. I see you really tried to learn a thing or two.

Like I said before, here is the number for WIP 215-592-0610. Call them if you want to talk Flyers.

Last edited by a moderator:

bauerhockey02

Mar 15, 2009
opinions vary...many flyers fans feel the same... we don't need another bobby carpenter...plenty of defensive forwards on this team and a dozen in the AHL thanks to homer...scoring is what this team needs for the future...

Now that is an opinion that can lead to healthy discussion. Stating his game is poor and he is an average player is factually incorrect and thus a wrong opinion. Does his offensive game leave something to be desired right now? yes. His defensive game is one of the best in the league however. Again there are facts that have been posted on this forum in the past to back that up.

flyermania

Feb 14, 2015
Chester county Pa
You clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

First you're ridiculous Giroux whining and now this, just give up because you're lost. It's not a difference of opinion where you can agree to disagree, you're wrong about both and you're making it clear you're not in touch with reality.

Giroux whinning...lol

bauerhockey02

Mar 15, 2009
So glad you took the time to look up all those Appleyard posts that we recommended for you. I see you really tried to learn a thing or two.

Like I said before, here is the number for WIP 215-592-0610. Call them if you want to talk Flyers.

It has definitely taken a turn for the worse. Some of these new posters are brutal. :banghead:

Hey at least we don't have anyone today suggesting that we trade Voracek :laugh::help:

flyermania

Feb 14, 2015
Chester county Pa
Now that is an opinion that can lead to healthy discussion. Stating his game is poor and he is an average player is factually incorrect and thus a wrong opinion. Does his offensive game leave something to be desired right now? yes. His defensive game is one of the best in the league however. Again there are facts that have been posted on this forum in the past to back that up.
Ok he is a super star in the wings...moving up steadily to an elite status...soon the world will know what a great player his is...lol...looking forward to the awards he will have on his shelf the all star games he will make...Now lets see it... tick tock...

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

It has definitely taken a turn for the worse. Some of these new posters are brutal. :banghead:

It's both new posters who have no clue and old posters who only pop in to spew nonsense.

You have to hand it to them though, they've mastered the art of doing all this garbage to be annoying on purpose without getting trolling infractions. :laugh:

bauerhockey02

Mar 15, 2009
Ok he is a super star in the wings...moving up steadily to an elite status...soon the world will know what a great player his is...lol...looking forward to the awards he will have on his shelf the all star games he will make...Now lets see it... tick tock...

Because I said his overall game is elite :help:

I hate being that guy but I am going to have to agree with a couple of the other posters in saying that you are better of talking to WIP and the Flyers Facebook as you really don't know what you're talking about and refuse to look up simple facts that show you where you are wrong. I won't be responding to you again.

flyermania

Feb 14, 2015
Chester county Pa
i respect this boards passion for coots...i just do not carry that opinion...i watch every game...you can bash me on it all you want...really doesn't matter to me... he is not the reason the Flyers are failing as a team but he doesn't have enough impact for a top ten pick at this point... thats all i am saying stats are less then last season and that does not tell the entire story... aside from that i appreciate most of your thoughts...

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
and where does that take us... production counts...he plays big against talented players and can't show up against poor teams...where was he yesterday with the turn over...excuses

You know what also counts? The ability to stop people from scoring. You know who is incredibly good at that? Couturier. You don't seem to get that he gets basically the hardest minutes in the ENTIRE NHL. That is insane for a 22 year old. It's insane that he can even produce as much as he has in his career.

I'm tired of the Couturier bashing, the Giroux bashing, people not able to spell Voracek, etc.

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
Berube your days are numbered! Thats about the only good thing I can take away from the last few games. Pretty fed up with this ****ing team.

flyermania

Feb 14, 2015
Chester county Pa
You know what also counts? The ability to stop people from scoring. You know who is incredibly good at that? Couturier. You don't seem to get that he gets basically the hardest minutes in the ENTIRE NHL. That is insane for a 22 year old. It's insane that he can even produce as much as he has in his career.

I'm tired of the Couturier bashing, the Giroux bashing, people not able to spell Voracek, etc.

love giroux but his numbers have dropped off at an important time we can't hide from that...couturier may have a bright future...but why do you think so many bash him...is it just bad fans or people see things differently i have been following the game maybe longer than most of you following the Flyers since 1969...wayne and larry hillman and many others... just don't buy him thats all...for the Flyers future hope i am wrong...

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Berube your days are numbered! Thats about the only good thing I can take away from the last few games. Pretty fed up with this ****ing team.

This team is most frustrating flyers team I've witnessed. It is even more aggravating that the team that earned us JVR

flyermania

Feb 14, 2015
Chester county Pa
Really enjoy discussing the team with you guys...its hard jumping on to a site...treated like a troll...if you disagree...i am a Flyers fan...hope this isn't a site you can express your thoughts without being attack...

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Not arguing anything because I never said anything to the contrary.

I'm saying the comparison is extremely incongruous at best. What people say at the time of him being drafted out of impulse and lack of knowledge and sample size is one thing. What people say after having him here for two years, after seeing how he's developed in two years as Flyers property and with physical maturity, is an entirely different type of comment. The former is understandable and impulsive, the latter is utterly stupid. As I said before.
Ehh more than half the board hasn't seen Morin play more than 5 games so most of the comments people make about him now are by people trying to convince themselves their team made the right pick.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Really enjoy discussing the team with you guys...its hard jumping on to a site...treated like a troll...if you disagree...i am a Flyers fan...hope this isn't a site you can express your thoughts without being attack...

You're not discussing anything. You're just posting a baseless opinion then providing it with zero back-up as well as ignoring every single well-detailed and well-articulated argument that proves yours as baseless as it really is.

That's why you're being viewed that way. If you simply just want to post your opinion no matter how indefensible it is and then ignore every argument otherwise then they're all right, post on Facebook or call in to WIP. No discussion or thought required there.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville

Evey opinion is welcomed, however, ability to back emotions up with actual facts is absolutely valued and encouraged.

flyermania

Feb 14, 2015
Chester county Pa
You're not discussing anything. You're just posting a baseless opinion then providing it with zero back-up as well as ignoring every single well-detailed and well-articulated argument that proves yours as baseless as it really is.

That's why you're being viewed that way. If you simply just want to post your opinion no matter how indefensible it is and then ignore every argument otherwise then they're all right, post on Facebook or call in to WIP. No discussion or thought required there.

his numbers are down from last year...thats a fact...he is not playing well on the pk look at our percentage...and brings nothing offensively...time will tell...you can blame the team agreed but he is part of it...

flyermania

Feb 14, 2015
Chester county Pa
Evey opinion is welcomed, however, ability to back emotions up with actual facts is absolutely valued and encouraged.

Thanks understood..but sometimes you can just see it in a player...seen many over the years...just not seeing it with him yet...maybe in 2-4 years as hextall has said that opinion will change...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad