GDT: #67|CBJ vs. Pens Thursday, March 7th (7:00PM) PPG|Fantastic Beasts/ Wizards and Muggles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

O5ikSY4.jpg

f0MnjnX.png

NT49XXW.png

Obscurial.gif

kYZtQif.png

LVd3SJM.png

PREVIEW
Blue Jackets projected lineup

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Awesome GDT @Ugene Malkin ...

CLB has been better on the road this year, and CDS has been better at home....might this be the game DeSmith gets in? And then Murray b2b this weekend? Most teams won’t play the same goalie in home-on-home series...

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

CLB has been better on the road this year, and CDS has been better at home....might this be the game DeSmith gets in? And then Murray b2b this weekend? Most teams won’t play the same goalie in home-on-home series...

You raise an interesting point..who to start? Part of me would like CDS in Columbus and put all our eggs for a win at home in Murray. But I understand starting CDS because Murray can use a break

Reactions: Andy99

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015

No way. Murray is their best chance to win. And the columbus games are waaaaaay more important than Boston. Let DeSmith play on Sunday.

If they can sweep Columbus thats an 8 point swing practically. It would also demoralize Columbus. You figure out Sunday on Sunday. Until then they play to win these next two games.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
You raise an interesting point..who to start? Part of me would like CDS in Columbus and put all our eggs for a win at home in Murray. But I understand starting CDS because Murray can use a break

I think they will play it out like this the next few starts.

Blue Jackets Thurs - Murray
Blue Jackets Sat - Murray
Boston Sun - DeSmith
Washinton Tues - Murray
Buffalo Thurs - DeSmith

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think they will play it out like this the next few starts.

Blue Jackets Thurs - Murray
Blue Jackets Sat - Murray
Boston Sun - DeSmith
Washinton Tues - Murray
Buffalo Thurs - DeSmith

I’m just saying that the approach of nearly every coach is to play different goalies at home-and-home series...I’m not saying what should happen, just what I expect will happen...last home and home series against the Isles, Sully’s plan was to start Murray and then CDS...Murr got rocked for like three goals on 6 shots and CDS played most of the game, so Murr started the next one...Trotz started Lehner in the first game, he got a minor injury and a Greiss came in in the third and then Greiss played the next as expected...that‘s what coaches do...

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
I'm going tonight; it's my first game this season. I don't get to as many as I'd like, but I do live exactly a 2hr drive from my house to PPG. I'm taking my daughter. She's the only one of my 4 kids who hasn't been to a game yet. I've been trying to explain how big this game is due to the Pens' record and everything, but she's just excited to be going. I want a win in the worst way. Go Pens!

ChrisKuuuunitz

4 time champ
Jan 14, 2015
there
I'm going tonight; it's my first game this season. I don't get to as many as I'd like, but I do live exactly a 2hr drive from my house to PPG. I'm taking my daughter. She's the only one of my 4 kids who hasn't been to a game yet. I've been trying to explain how big this game is due to the Pens' record and everything, but she's just excited to be going. I want a win in the worst way. Go Pens!

if they lose no need to keep her, so either way, win win

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I’m just saying that the approach of nearly every coach is to play different goalies at home-and-home series...I’m not saying what should happen, just what I expect will happen...last home and home series against the Isles, Sully’s plan was to start Murray and then CDS...Murr got rocked for like three goals on 6 shots and CDS played most of the game, so Murr started the next one...Trotz started Lehner in the first game, he got a minor injury and a Greiss came in in the third and then Greiss played the next as expected...that‘s what coaches do...

I think early in the season yes. But when you need points desperately, things change.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
I can totally understand why McCann is going to stay on the top line for the time being. The problem with this is that it doesn't help the other three lines much. I get it, Sid and Jake are playing great with McCann, but Sid and Jake can play great with almost anyone on the other wing. I still think that they should focus more on pairs than on threesomes

Jake - Sid - ???
ZAR - Geno - ???
McCann - Bjugs - ???
??? - Cullen - ???

I'd really like to see Kessel on the third line. I just really think that Bjugs and McCann have a better chance of helping Kessel through his slump. The only real issue I see is that this line-up basically forces Horny on Sid's line or the 4th line, unless Kessel stays on line 2. Until Rust is back or unless it just really doesn't work I'd run something like this.

Jake - Sid - Simon/Bleuger
ZAR
- Geno - Simon/Bleuger/ Kessel
McCann - Bjugs - Kessel/ Horny
Horny/Simon/Bleuger - Cullen - Wilson

This gives the team options, but I'd be curious to see what the bolded would look like on the ice. Yeah it would kinda suck for Horny to be on the 4th line, but with Cullen and Wilson, that line would bring a lot of energy. Of course Horny would still get 1st PP time to offset playing on the 4th.

I get that Bleuger hasn't done much to deserve time on the top line, but as I mentioned already, Jake and Sid could produce with a pylon on the other wing, Bleuger could just be that next AHL call -up that excels next to Sid (just like Jake, Sheary, Rust, Simon). Simon would add that little bit of speed to Geno's line at least until Rust is back. Then if Kessel can't produce with McCann and Bjugs, he's not likely to produce anywhere in the line-up.

Reactions: NEPA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad