GDT: #67 | 3/14/2015 | Red Wings @ Flyers | 1:00 PM | CSNP/FSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Helm being out is made more significant by Babcock's infinite wisdom of replacing him along side Datsyuk with Glendenning. That killed the 4th line AND Datsyuk's production at the same time. He should have kept Glen where he belongs on the 4th and stuck with Jurco with Datsyuk. 4th keeps their chemistry and effectiveness and maybe Datsyuk gets Jurco going.

Aside from that, this team is small and soft, so when teams crank up the physical play and intensity towards playoff level, the Wings can't hang. It's happened every year since '09. Not going anywhere until they're built for the playoffs.

In fairness he tried that first and Jurco was far worse than Glendening has been.

Though it has absolutely killed the fourth line not to have Glendening. A lot of suck coming of Miller and Andersson since Luke disappeared from doing all the work. I can smell it all the way from Florida how bad those guys have been.

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
Brendan Smith quit on that play...turned the puck over, made a half assed attempt to check the puck carrier and left a two on one to the net. He straight up quit.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Aside from that, this team is small and soft, so when teams crank up the physical play and intensity towards playoff level, the Wings can't hang. It's happened every year since '09. Not going anywhere until they're built for the playoffs.

BOOM. Lock the thread boys. :nod::shakehead:help:

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
In fairness he tried that first and Jurco was far worse than Glendening has been.

Though it has absolutely killed the fourth line not to have Glendening. A lot of suck coming of Miller and Andersson since Luke disappeared from doing all the work. I can smell it all the way from Florida how bad those guys have been.

Jurco was not that bad. I was at the game last Friday against Calgary, and while that line didn't score, Tatar/Pav/Jurco was probably our most dangerous line and controlled the puck most of their shifts.

Babcock just has no patience for rolling with a line that doesn't have a plug on it. Remember watching Cleary and Abdelkader drag Datsyuk down for 10 straight games 2 years ago? Heaven forbid he try that with some skill and hands riding alongside Datsyuk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad