26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
:sabres vs. :caps

SABRES (19-41-5) at CAPITALS (35-21-10)

NHL.com Game Preview: Ovechkin questionable for Capitals vs. Sabres
[NHL]771918[/NHL]

Season series: Buffalo Sabres goaltender Jhonas Enroth made 43 saves and Torrey Mitchell scored the game-winner in a 2-1 victory against the Washington Capitals at Verizon Center on Nov. 22. Defenseman Matt Niskanen scored and goalie Braden Holtby made 24 saves for the Capitals.

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview: 3/7/15 at WSH
TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
3/2: Acquired a fifth-round pick in the 2016 NHL Draft from Montreal in exchange for F Brian Flynn; Acquired G Chad Johnson and a third-round pick in the 2016 NHL Draft from NY Islanders in exchange for G Michal Neuvirth; Acquired F Jack Nevins and a seventh-round pick in the 2016 NHL Draft from Montreal in exchange for F Torrey Mitchell; Acquired a second-round pick in the 2017 NHL Draft from Minnesota in exchange for F Chris Stewart
3/3: Recalled F Jerry D’Amigo, F Mikhail Grigorenko and F Tim Schaller from Rochester (AHL)
3/4: Assigned F Mikhail Grigorenko to Rochester (AHL)
3/5: Recalled F Mikhail Grigorenko from Rochester (AHL)
3/6: Recalled G Andrey Makarov from Rochester (AHL)

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at CAPITALS

This is the second of three meetings between the Sabres and Capitals this season.
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Washington, 2-1, in Washington on Nov. 22
Next meeting: Monday, March 16 in Buffalo
The Sabres are 5-3-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Capitals; 3-6-1 on the road
This is the 148th game all-time between Buffalo and Washington; Buffalo has an 86-43-18 series record.
The Sabres are 41-23-10 on the road against the Capitals all-time.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
So no Hacket? That will make him a UFA if he doesn't get the games in? Not sure if that matters but his bloodline always makes me think he can turn it around.

I think every game is going to be a worry from here on out. Once we get down to about 7 or 8 games left it will be more clear.(hopefully)

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
Questionable Ovi with 5 goals. It's insane to think he'll score at least 50 in a season like this. Deserves the Hart imo.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'm at the point now where I'm rooting for losses. I've been the lone soldier on the "feels nice to see a win when they play well" train, but now I just want a phenom.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
The Caps are already thinking about the play-offs, so Ovechkin might actually miss this one. And if they're playing Peters in goal, this might be another close affair.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
two updates:
holtby in net tonight. oveckin to determine status in pregame warmups as he skated the full practice today

JOHNBOY

BUFFALO SABRES
Sep 30, 2003
Denver NC
I'm at the point now where I'm rooting for losses. I've been the lone soldier on the "feels nice to see a win when they play well" train, but now I just want a phenom.

Agreed, so close to the end of the season just want it to be over with and move on to next season..

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
I don't mind Grigs going back either way. Let him spend the rest of the year there. He can show what he has next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad