GDT: #66 - Oilers vs. Sabres at 7 PM ET on MSG-B and WGR

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
If that game doesn’t make you call it a season, God bless. I vowed I would not order Center Ice after last season. Then we won the lottery. Save another such miracle, I can’t continue wasting money on this club. What a shit show.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
So looking forward to the next 3.......... Well..... not really.

Maybe I'll just wear a hat to the Colorado game. That way I can take it off and hide it under my coat..........

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
No way man. We know it’s tough but the guys in this room are great. We haven’t given up.

Teamwork!

AgedBrightIntermediateegret-small.gif

PlainAlertFeline-small.gif

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Im pretty solidly convinced his ankle is still not right...not an excuse but hes a step behind lately

Maybe. But he didn't convert on several great chances, went offside on a rush, and generally killed the 6-on-4 with a prayer pass out in front when no one was there. The penalty was just icing on the cake.

Reactions: Ralonzo

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
McDavid shielded us from another baffling play from Dahlin with the net empty. I'd stick him way down on the right wall when we do this, I don't want him on the point anymore. That would have been about the 8th ENG directly because of Dahlin doing something weak with full possession. Bizarre.

Pominville's miss is something I've done playing street hockey many times, as a bad hockey player. That was the first time I've ever seen it happen to an NHLer.

We did this to Jack. I'm not saying any fan here could be GM, because it's a massive job, but this team would have been better this season, and not flushing another one of his prime down the drain, if one or two smart posters from an internet forum had the power to veto trades and do nothing else. We did this to ourselves.

Reactions: sabremike

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
How do you fix that Phil?

Ya just got to look at it!! Would ya just look at it!!

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Ffs we're getting dangerously close to the point where I say screw the intangible benefits of winning I choose the tangible benefits of drafting higher and start rooting for losses. Usually corresponds with me stopping watching the games

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
And I don't know how anyone can watch what he does after listening to what he says and think he is a forward thinker and good at what he does considering the moron he installed behind the bench, his trash ability to fill out a roster with any sort of useful depth, and his titanic inaction for two straight years that has so far cost them one player who got discouraged enough to want to leave. The accountability and internal competition he preaches are not there, their analytics department does not have a seat at the table, and he's put two players onto the roster who were not ready for the first half of the season -- one of whom may not have been ready for the second half either.

And back to the game. Hutton. Yay.

You make a depressingly strong case

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
We've now played 41 games since the streak ended.

13-22-6. This projects to 26-44-12, or 64 points. This is essentially identical to last year. We've now played 1.5 out of 1.8 seasons as an effective 64 point team.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
The fanbase also loved the Kyle Okposo signing and the Scandella trade. What’s your point?

Ya, we're wrong sometimes. People are like that.

The worst part about Scandella is he WAS good. He could still be, but without accountability he just shows up, plays like trash, collects his money and leaves. I have a personal complaint with his effort level, but a bigger issue with the crap coach who doesn't bench him for the shit game he plays.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
The fanbase also loved the Kyle Okposo signing and the Scandella trade. What’s your point?
I hated the Okposo signing. I did love the Scandella trade. He looked good last year. Inexplicable why he's so awful this season.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Maybe when JB and Housley are talking about playoffs they mean in 2022 that probably got us confused

Whoa, whoa, whoa - this is a situation where the Sabres put themselves in a position to compete to be able to try to compete to attempt to put themselves in a situation where they could possibly tie the game in the third period tonight. Not really sure what else could be asked of this team...?!?

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I hated the Okposo signing. I did love the Scandella trade. He looked good last year. Inexplicable why he's so awful this season.

Because he's an asshole and realized he doesn't need to try. There's no accountability and apparently he's a guy who will do the bare minimum if allowed to do so.

Seriously, I fault him for it, but I fault Housley so much more. This is why you rant and rave. This is why you bench guys, scratch them. Because they play below their ability. It's f***ing maddening to me that our coach somehow can't manage that.

Idk if Bogo actually cares or is just dumb as rocks to continue putting in effort. Not saying he's great or anything, but at least he tries. He, too, could fail at basic stick lifts without consequence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad