Confirmed with Link: #66 and 2016 7th for G Eddie Lack

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
He shut out the canes last year- good to see that's still the way to earn a spot with them. Can't go wrong for the price I guess.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Supposedly Khudobin is the goalie that is going to get moved today. Wonder if we can get back at least the 3rd for him haha?

And great move in my opinion. The guy has shown some potential at the NHL level, could wind up being are starter. If Dobby gets moved this move would save us about $1.2 mill in cap space.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I like Khudobin, seems like a good teammate, but I've always thought his overall game left something to be desired. Like it wasn't "tight" enough. His fundamentals went out the window too often. Just my opinion.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I've also heard the Nucks fan love him as he is a supposed class act. So sounds like we are bringing in another character guy into the locker room :handclap:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I wouldn't be surprised if Dobby is SJ bound. Niemi's a UFA that's apparently priced himself out there, and Dobby is going to be a cheaper (and IMO better) target then Talbot. Even still I'd probably expect the #39 and something else coming back our way.

This sucks because I loved Khudobin, but we could do a hell of a lot worse value wise then giving up a 3rd and a 7th for Lack. I'm honestly stunned that Lack didn't return a 2nd on his own.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I wouldn't be surprised if Dobby is SJ bound. Niemi's a UFA that's apparently priced himself out there, and Dobby is going to be a cheaper (and IMO better) target then Talbot. Even still I'd probably expect the #39 and something else coming back our way.

This sucks because I loved Khudobin, but we could do a hell of a lot worse value wise then giving up a 3rd and a 7th for Lack. I'm honestly stunned that Lack didn't return a 2nd on his own.

I'd be okay with #39. They got a goaltender who played better last year (and was .10 higher than Ryan Miller with similar GP), one that's 2 years younger, one that's $1.3m cheaper, and only gave up a 3rd and 7th to do it. Everything about it seems like improvement to me.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

That makes me question if Khudobin is really worth that much though. I'd have thought Lack would be valued higher.

An extra 2nd would be an amazing return for Dobby but I'd be happy just to recoup the assets lost.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Actually, thinking of DaveG's valuation more it might make a lot of sense.

Vancouver wouldn't want to trade Lack to a team in the division. SJ or Edmonton may have offered a 2nd and still might for Dobby.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Totally different goalies. He's much more consistent, but Khudobin is capable of playing like a Vezina level goalie when he's on.

Lack played like a top-5 goalie while carrying Vancouver to the playoffs last year.

Great guy, great player. Guy is a stud and you should be doing backflips here.

Wish him nothing but the best.

Caniac4ever

Feb 7, 2008
I'd have think Ronnie has a deal in place for Anton or else has a pretty good idea what he can get for him already. Have to believe it is at least close to what we gave up for Lack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad