#65 Vitali Abramov

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Highlights:

He is incredible!

Very impressive. Explosive, slippery, and I love how he goes to the net. Immediately reminded me of Sergei Samsonov. Hard to believe he fell all the way to the 3rd after seeing that package regardless of size concerns.

Thanks for posting.

Lucky Luke

Jun 17, 2006
I am a long-time Gatineau Olympiques fan.
Abramov is no doubt a very skilled player, as well as a hard worker and a team player.
Expect him to be one of the top point-getters in the Q this coming season, teaming up with Yakov Trenin and Alex Dostie to drive the Olympiques' offence.
His potential as a quality NHL player is high, so long as he can deal effectively with the physicality of the play as he is built on a more slender frame.

Congratulations to Vitaly ''Abracadabramov'' and best of luck as a future Blue Jacket!

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I am a long-time Gatineau Olympiques fan.
Abramov is no doubt a very skilled player, as well as a hard worker and a team player.
Expect him to be one of the top point-getters in the Q this coming season, teaming up with Yakov Trenin and Alex Dostie to drive the Olympiques' offence.
His potential as a quality NHL player is high, so long as he can deal effectively with the physicality of the play as he is built on a more slender frame.

Congratulations to Vitaly ''Abracadabramov'' and best of luck as a future Blue Jacket!

Are you familiar with the Blue Jacket draftee that is now with Minnesota named Marko Dano? I look at Abramov and see Marko Dano (probably just due to their height & stockier build). I loved Dano's first year games with the Blue Jackets.. Dano was magic, and I'm thinking you feel the same about Abracadabramov.. welcome aboard the Blue Jacket fan club,, i will certainly be watching youtubes of Gatineau now. Thanks for your thoughts

Kington91

Apr 30, 2012
Grandview Heights
Love this pick. Reading through his thread on the draft boards and seeing how many people thought of him as a legit 1st round talent / Kucherov like is great.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Congrats BJ fans, watched this kid live. He will be a very exciting player for years to come. Great hockey IQ superb passing skills always hits the tape, quick edge work fast skater. I expect a lot of teams to be regretting not picking him sooner.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
"He said he'd like to get bigger and stronger, but he does have a secret weapon when it comes to learning to handle himself physically."I have a younger sister and she does karate," Abramov said. "She fights me every time."

:) funny boy. You needn't to fight, Dalton does karate here:sarcasm: Welcome to Columbus!:)

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
So, can anybody tell me why he fell? What are his downsides or areas he needs work on?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I haven't seen him a ton but size is always a bit of a concern but also he never got to play for Russia at international tournaments since he came over to the CHL. Some people say its because of age he was never selected and some say its because he left Russia. Even with all that it's really weird he ended up falling that far, he wasn't on an offensive powerhouse like Bjorkstrand was and doesn't have a bunch of character issues like I remember Kabanov had... Hopefully hes our Kucherov like others before have said is a similar case

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I haven't seen him a ton but size is always a bit of a concern but also he never got to play for Russia at international tournaments since he came over to the CHL. Some people say its because of age he was never selected and some say its because he left Russia. Even with all that it's really weird he ended up falling that far, he wasn't on an offensive powerhouse like Bjorkstrand was and doesn't have a bunch of character issues like I remember Kabanov had... Hopefully hes our Kucherov like others before have said is a similar case

He would've played at the U18 WJC if he wouldn't be busy in QMJHL play-offs when the tournament started.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Not to get ahead of myself but this kid may be the steal of the draft . Kind of like the players the red wings draft in mid rounds, that go on to become stars . I thought he looked every bit as good as Dubois, today, both looked really good.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Not to get ahead of myself but this kid may be the steal of the draft . Kind of like the players the red wings draft in mid rounds, that go on to become stars . I thought he looked every bit as good as Dubois, today, both looked really good.

Abramov has looked as good Dubois all season, maybe better. Teams just haven't learned their lesson after Johnny Gaudreau.

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
Like Bjorkstrand, another smallish winger that was much higher on the Central Scouting list then apparently many team lists. We can only hope he will show similar development over the next few years.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

He has a lot to work on, but he has the skill.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Like Bjorkstrand, another smallish winger that was much higher on the Central Scouting list then apparently many team lists. We can only hope he will show similar development over the next few years.

?
Bjorkstrand is not small and wasn't when they drafted him I don't think.

I went to the 4v4 today and he was noticeable - mainly because he kept banging his stick and asking for the puck...seemed like he was trying to do a little too much out there, but he had some good looks. His best moments came in the shootouts.

He'll be interesting to watch. If he can add size and get an ability to create space, he could be very fun to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad