Pre-Game Talk: #65 | New York Islanders @ Toronto Maple Leafs | March 9th | 7:00 PM | F/TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Interesting to see who will play goalie here. Have to assume its Greiss, but if there is ever a game to toss your back up in, its against the TMLs.

Big trap game, this one. With parity in the league being what it is, it would be nice to see the Islanders step on the throat of one of the few teams that is clearly inferior to the rest of the league. Still, teams like this usually don't lack for effort so the Isles better show up.

So start Berube and if he isn't up to it, make the switch while we still are in the game with a chance. TO will give up a bunch of chances and we could come back from even 3 goals down, so hope we get a lead with Berube or he keeps it close enough before going to Griess, but go to him for a period or so if we have a shot.

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
Do you think we could maybe swap Tavares for the ghost of Rick Nash? Maybe we kick in a sweetener to get it done? :sarcasm:

I would ask Bones. He's our board's official Rangers rep. But I don't think we'll get Nash's remains for a middling talent like JT. Now Jesper Fast, that's a guy I think we can land. Maybe add Mr. Third Pairing Travis Hamonic.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I would ask Bones. He's our board's official Rangers rep. But I don't think we'll get Nash's remains for a middling talent like JT. Now Jesper Fast, that's a guy I think we can land. Maybe add Mr. Third Pairing Travis Hamonic.

You think we could pull Fast for JT? I am not so sure. Maybe we ask for Fast but then settle for Tanner Glass. After all, Glass has already tripled his goal output from last season, that means he is trending up. Sounds like an advanced stats under-the-radar pickup IMHO. Broadway Jay, what do you think? JT for Glass? No brainer, right?

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Autographed Brian strait jersey? That's pretty damn sweet.

I was thinking a teal embossed, Gorton's fisherman Oleg Kvasha-signed jersey. Kick it old school. You have to give to get after all.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Going to close this one up with MM's GDT up. Lets talk the game talk over that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad