Pre-Game Talk: #65 | New York Islanders @ Toronto Maple Leafs | March 9th | 7:00 PM | F/TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Nylander >>>>> Tavares
Marner >>>>>> Tavares
Bozak >>>>>>>> Tavares
Kadri >>>>>>>>> Tavares
Rielly >>>>>>>>> Tavares
Stamkos >>>>>>>> Tavares

To Toronto:
Tavares, Strome, Dal Colle, Barzal, Beuvillier, Pulock, Nelson, Bro-Sang, 2016-2075 1st round picks

To NYI:
Phaneuf, JVR, Kessel, Gardiner e205

"All your prospect are belong to us"- Toronto

Line ups:

Isles: Some BS with Kulimen playing center
TML: Some ECHL BS

Starting Goaltenders:

Isles: Jesus Greiss
TML: Some ECHL goalie

Last edited:

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Interesting to see who will play goalie here. Have to assume its Greiss, but if there is ever a game to toss your back up in, its against the TMLs.

Big trap game, this one. With parity in the league being what it is, it would be nice to see the Islanders step on the throat of one of the few teams that is clearly inferior to the rest of the league. Still, teams like this usually don't lack for effort so the Isles better show up.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
They really need to get points tonight as this is one of the games in-hand over the Rangers. But they seem to play like **** in Toronto so....

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
i wish we could win every game, but we bound for a letdown tonight.

by tomorrow, Nylander >>> Tavares

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Not really into the trashing of them.. at least not until the game starts. Dion Phanuef is gone now.

I lik our odds but I too feel like this is a let down but looking ahead we have Boston and Florida and 3 other playoff position teams. Need this.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
This game is screaming let down.

Have to find a way to get 2 points.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
perhaps. we won 7 of the last 8 games and of course the one loss was to the worst team in the west..hoping that same crap doesnt happen tonight

The Oilers are still a dangerous team despite their struggles. There is talent across the board there. The TMLs are almost an AHL team at this point. Doesn't mean we will definitely win but we should.

Btw, this is the lead in to the preview of tonight's game:

TORONTO -- It's unknown if New York Islanders goaltender Jaroslav Halak will be in the lineup Wednesday against the Toronto Maple Leafs at Air Canada Centre.

Uh, I'd bet a large part of my salary that Halak is not going to be in the lineup tonight.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
The Oilers are still a dangerous team despite their struggles. There is talent across the board there. The TMLs are almost an AHL team at this point. Doesn't mean we will definitely win but we should.

Btw, this is the lead in to the preview of tonight's game:

Uh, I'd bet a large part of my salary that Halak is not going to be in the lineup tonight.

i raise you my salary for the next 5 years

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
wow, how the mighty have fallen......tix prices for tonight @ the ACC are pretty much barclays level

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Its interesting that we are kinda playing a similar team as we did last night in that both are very top heavy. The Pens have Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Hornqvist and then there is a pretty big dropoff.

The TMLs have Kadri, Komorov and Parenteau and then a drop off as well.

Its basically the same. Right? Right?

Spybot

May 12, 2014
Its interesting that we are kinda playing a similar team as we did last night in that both are very top heavy. The Pens have Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Hornqvist and then there is a pretty big dropoff.

This sounds like something I'd see on the leafs board.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005

There hasn't been a player akin to Kadri since the Great Oleg Kvasha!

crasherino

May 9, 2013
This sounds like something I'd see on the leafs board.

The way the karma gods work, I'm already chalking this up as a loss. I literally just had the thought of "I can't believe we are going to lose to this bad of a team."

Even with everyone healthy this team is brutal. Now take away Lupul, JVR and Bozak. But give them credit, they play hard. Every time I catch some highlights their games are close.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Two huge points since it's one of the games in hand and it can't come against an "easier" opponent. Don't care how we get them, just get them.

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
The way the karma gods work, I'm already chalking this up as a loss. I literally just had the thought of "I can't believe we are going to lose to this bad of a team."

Even with everyone healthy this team is brutal. Now take away Lupul, JVR and Bozak. But give them credit, they play hard. Every time I catch some highlights their games are close.

It's amazing what competent coaching can do.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Game in hand vs the rags. Im sure they know it, too.

A win tonight and then we can start making raggies sweat. I want game 1 in brooklyn. Period.

Spybot

May 12, 2014

What's worse the bruins and the panthers are next and they're both rather bad matchups. This could be the start of a 3+ game losing streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad