GDT: #65 | FLYERS at Lightning | Sat., Mar. 3, 2018, 1:00 pm ET | SUN, NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING (44-17-4) vs PHILADELPHIA FLYERS (34-20-10)
ymfRTLP.jpg
th

98d3b34fbdc54f2491115d4441af6f66.jpg
BROADCAST INFORMATION
  • Television: SUN, NBCSP
  • Radio: 97.5 The Fanatic
  • Streams: Do not post or request any streams or links to unauthorized sites.
TEAMS' WEBSITES
GAME PREVIEW, NOTES and STATISTICS
TEAMS' STATISTICS
TeamsGamesRecordPoints HomeAwayGFGAPP%PK%FO%Save%PIM
Lightning6544-17-49221-6-223-11-222417024.277.747.6.918 586
Flyers6434-20-107816-10-618-10-418717321.175.353.4.908 557
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

images
Possible Lineup
Lines
28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
54 Oskar Lindblom - 19 Nolan Patrick - 93 Jakub Voracek
20 Taylor Leier - 21 Scott Laughton - 12 Michael Raffl
15 Jori Lehtera - 51 Valtteri Filppula - 22 Dale Weise​
Pairings
9 Ivan Provorov - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere
8 Robert Hagg - 47 Andrew McDonald
23 Brandon Manning - 3 Radko Gudas​
Goalies
34 Petr Mrazek - 49 Alex Lyon​

Injuries and Scratches

17 Wayne Simmonds is on IR. He is out 2-to-3 weeks from Feb. 20 with an upper body injury.
24 Matt Read could be a healthy scratch.
29 Johnny Oduya could be a healthy scratch.
30 Michel Neuvirth is on IR. He is out 4-to-6 weeks from Feb. 20 with a lower body injury.
37 Brian Elliott is on IR. He could be out 5-to-6 weeks from Feb. 13 after core muscle surgery.
40 Jordan Weal could be a healthy scratch.
Power Play Units
1. Nolan Patrick - Sean Couturier - Jake Voracek - Claude Giroux - Shayne Gostisbehere
2. Jordan Weal - Travis Konecny - Oskar Lindblom - Valtteri Filppula - Ivan Provorov
MEDIA CONTACTS
Courier-Post of South Jersey
HockeyBuzz.com
NBC Sports Philadelphia
Web site -- Flyers
John Boruk's Twitter -- John Boruk (@johnborukNBCS) | Twitter
Philadelphia Daily News and Inquirer
Web site -- Philly.com Flyers
Sam Carchidi's Twitter -- Sam Carchidi (@BroadStBull) | Twitter
Sons of Penn

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING

images
Possible Lineup
Lines

17 Alex Killorn - 21 Brayden Point - 91 Steven Stamkos
89 Cory Conacher - 37 Yanni Gourde - 73 Adam Erne
14 Chris Kunitz - 9 Tyler Johnson - 10 J.T. Miller
71 Anthony Cirelli - 13 Cedric Paquette - 24 Ryan Callahan
Pairings
77 Victor Hedman - 6 Anton Stralman
98 Mikhail Sergachev - 5 Dan Girardi
55 Braydon Coburn - 62 Andrej Sustr
Goalies
88 Andrei Vasilevskiy - 70 Louis Domingue

Injuries and Scratches

18 Ondrej Palat is out 6-to-8 weeks from January 22 due to a right ankle injury.
27 Ryan McDonagh is day-to-day with an upper body injury.
29 Slater Koekkoek could be a healthy scratch.
31 Peter Budaj is on injured reserve with a left leg injury.
59 Jake Dotchin could be a healthy scratch
86 Nikita Kucherov is day-to-day with an upper body injury.
Power Play Units
1. Alex Killorn - Steven Stamkos - Tyler Johnson- Victor Hedman - Nikita Kucherov
2. Yanni Gourde - Brayden Point - Ryan Callahan - Mikhail Sergachev - Anton Stralman

MEDIA CONTACTS
Fox Sports Sun

Lightning Insider
Raw Charge
Tampa Bay Times

FLYERS' SCHEDULE

DateGameTime (ET)Television Radio
Sunday, Mar. 4Philadelphia at Florida 3:00 pmTVAS, FS-F, NBCSP97.5
Wednesday, Mar. 7 Pittsburgh at Philadelphia8:00 pm NBCSN, TVAS97.5
Thursday, Mar. 8 Philadelphia at Boston 7:00 pm SN, NESN, NBCSP+93.3
Saturday, Mar. 10 Winnipeg at Philadelphia 1:00 pmNBCSP, TSN397.5
Monday, Mar. 12Vegas at Philadelphia7:00 pmSN, NBCSP, ATTSN-RM 97.5
Thursday, Mar. 15Columbus at Philadelphia 7:00 pmNBCSP, FS-O 93.3
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

GAME DAY THREAD MUSIC

"Thunder Kiss '65" by White Zombie

Last edited:

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Vengeance, I think you're right. The Flyers have a remarkable ability to play a very similar game to their opposition, whoever they might be.

It drives me crazy at home where, with the last change, we should be dictating the style of play much more than we do. On the road, it's not too bad.

If this was the 1860's, Hak would be George McClellan when the Union needed Ulysses S. Grant, but I digress.

Go Flyers. Beat Tampa at its own game!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Vengeance, I think you're right. The Flyers have a remarkable ability to play a very similar game to their opposition, whoever they might be.

It drives me crazy at home where, with the last change, we should be dictating the style of play much more than we do. On the road, it's not too bad.

If this was the 1860's, Hak would be George McClellan when the Union needed Ulysses S. Grant, but I digress.

Go Flyers. Beat Tampa at its own game!

If this were the 1870s, Hak would be George Armstrong Custer when the Flyers need Crazy Horse. His wife thinks it IS the 1870s. Praise God.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@deadhead might actually mercilessly turn on Hak and his minions if you told him Neil Young and Crazy Horse would be their replacements. Or his brain would explode.

Yeah, he's completely wild about Neil Young, who was ~5'11 150 lbs when he first started playing music, but then after gigging in small places across Northwest Canada, grew to around 6'3 180 pounds. Not really as squat as you would like, could stand to add beef and/or muscle to his core and/or beefnuts to stand up to the rigors of headlining, but he has enough size that he isn't going to get run over if he starts playing in the middle of the street. Now he has "old man strength," which shouldn't be confused with talent.

marcsson68

Jan 23, 2018
I feel guilty about the bad game against the Canes. Like someone mentioned, the fact that the pre-game thread was full of posts with little hockey and much more music might have influenced the Hockey Gods that decide about the outcome of games.

I was especially guilty for bringing up the story of myself having attended a Kiss concert (even though I mentioned it in the context of Iron Maiden being the opener for Kiss then). Bringing up Kiss obviously isn´t something that any God may appreciate. To make it clear: I was 12 or 13 years old then. My taste was according to my age. I know now that Kiss usually means awful lyrics paired with generic music. Still the concert was fun and thus I still have a soft spot inside for the band and for every once in a while I listen to some of the classics like Parasite.

Later on my musical horizon widened and now I like all kinds of music as long as it is well-made, from heavy metal to classic.

I hope the Hockey Gods are fine with this now. But actually I expect a March of slumping. The Flyers most likely will slide down to the 2nd wild card spot soon.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
I can't help but feel this game is a hinge point for the rest of the season. Coming of a listless effort they are now playing a true Cup contender (who also hasn't looked great recently), and with another bad loss I'm afraid things may snowball. If they return to their form from a few weeks ago, win or lose, I will feel better about their prospects heading down the homestretch. I'm likely more stressed about one game than I should be.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I wouldnt mind a few bad losses if it led to necessary changes...but it wont so its probably not going to be a fun weekend.

We all want Sanheim but even an Oduya for Manning swap would show some signs of common sense from the coach.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Wish the coach and GM could see that Manning sucks without having to go on a big losing streak.

Several days ago, Bernie mentioned that he thought because Hakstok himself was a bland, "reliable" defensemen, he has some sympathies for those players - I really agree with that. It could be nothing, but I could very easily see that influencing his evaluation of players. I'm sure he sees Mandog's limitations - he must - he's stupid, but he's not blind - and I can't help but think that he thinks of his own playing days and the efforts he made to "play it safe," and he enables Manning. It's nauseating, but I think that's (possibly) where it comes from. Because no one could watch that gaffe magnet and think "Now this is a guy I want to keep running out there."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad